Wikiposts

Chicago Su**s! (AOS)

Old Dec 23rd 2003, 3:53 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chicago Su**s! (AOS)

Originally posted by Trunk
What is the Conditional Green card ? Being Married Less than 2 years when
getting Approved ?
Hi Trunk,
Yes, one gets “conditional� permanent resident status if one’s marriage based AOS is approved within the first 2 years of marriage. And if one gets conditional status, one than must file an I-751 to remove the conditions close to 2 years after obtaining conditional permanent resident status.

Therefore, there “is� a silver lining (so to speak) in processing one’s AOS through an office that takes over two years in which to approve a marriage based AOS case.

Originally posted by Trunk
I think by the time I get my GC, I can apply for Citizenship because I'd
qualify
for it I also heard someplace that if you're married for 3 years with a
USC you
can apply for USC, is this correct (vs the 5 years stay)
If your greencard is obtained through marriage to a U.S. citizen, and if you continue to stay married to that U.S. citizen than you “should� be able to file for U.S. citizenship approximately 3 years after obtaining “conditional� or “nonconditional� permanent resident status (but you should always check with an immigration attorney first to confirm that it is indeed time to file, but more importantly to make sure nothing has happened between the time of obtaining your greencard and filing for citizenship, that would suggest it would not be in your best interests to file for citizenship).