Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

chicago AP HELP... alvena?

Wikiposts

chicago AP HELP... alvena?

Old May 25th 2002, 5:20 pm
Malluprince

Default chicago AP HELP... alvena?

I just sent my AOS package last tuesday with EAD application. The day before I sent
it off, i noticed on the INS website that Chicago INS is now taking AP applications
by mail only as of June 1, 2002. So i was stuck in the middle as i wanted to send it
right away and get it so i can go back to Canada on June 6th, or at least go back at
the end of june. so i callled the INS 1 800 number and she confirmed the new plans
and asked her what to do? should i send it in and risk getting it back, or do it and
hope that they process it. so today i got the AP application back, saying that i had
to come in person. But the thing that gets me is that, I have to wait for the receipt
for the AOS before i can get my AP which probably be before June 1 and then by that
time, i am going to have to mail it in anyway. Shheesh!

Does anyone have avice for me as to what i should do? I am thinking that i can forget
about the June 6th trip home, but i am more concerend about not going at June 27 for
my friends wedding (i am groomsman).....

thanks

Old May 26th 2002, 3:20 am
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: chicago AP HELP... alvena?

Malluprince wrote:
    > I just sent my AOS package last tuesday with EAD application. The day before I sent
    > it off, i noticed on the INS website that Chicago INS is now taking AP applications
    > by mail only as of June 1, 2002. So i was stuck in the middle as i wanted to send
    > it right away and get it so i can go back to Canada on June 6th, or at least go
    > back at the end of june. so i callled the INS 1 800 number and she confirmed the
    > new plans and asked her what to do? should i send it in and risk getting it back,
    > or do it and hope that they process it. so today i got the AP application back,
    > saying that i had to come in person. But the thing that gets me is that, I have to
    > wait for the receipt for the AOS before i can get my AP which probably be before
    > June 1 and then by that time, i am going to have to mail it in anyway. Shheesh!
    >
    > Does anyone have avice for me as to what i should do? I am thinking that i can
    > forget about the June 6th trip home, but i am more concerend about not going at
    > June 27 for my friends wedding (i am groomsman).....
    >
If you don't get anything back from Chi-town in time for the trip, you are probably
screwed. That office is NOT known for timely reponses to anyone. Sorry. Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old May 26th 2002, 11:20 am
Malluprince

Default Re: chicago AP HELP... alvena?

> >
    > If you don't get anything back from Chi-town in time for the trip, you are probably
    > screwed. That office is NOT known for timely reponses to anyone. Sorry. Alvena

Well, the news release put out by the Chicago INS office is that after they have the
mail in thing June 1, they guarantee a response within 30 days.... i am wondering
what if.... then what happens?