Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Chicago AOS procedure for K-1

Wikiposts

Chicago AOS procedure for K-1

Old Jun 11th 2002, 6:20 am
John

Default Chicago AOS procedure for K-1

Well, now it's time to go through the AOS process. I think I have a glimmer of an
idea of what I need to do to apply at the Chicago office. Please correct me if I'm
wrong. Mail the I-485, I-765, I-864 both G-325A's, 2 ADIT photos & Copies of I-94,
I-797(NOA2), certified marriage certificate, birth certificate & certified translated
birth certificate (this must be done by mail only) to: USINS Chicago District Office
Attn: One-Stop PO Box A3462 Chicago, IL 60690-3462

Mail the I-131 separately (this must now be done by mail only) to: Immigration and
Naturalization Service Attn: Advance Parole
P.O. Box A3462 Chicago, IL 60690-3462

Separate checks for all apps. Wait for EAD interview.

I must have missed something. Could anyone fill me in please?

Thanks,

John

Old Jun 12th 2002, 2:20 am
John

Default Re: Chicago AOS procedure for K-1

I am also wondering if personal checks are accepted for all apps or does it have to
be money orders?

Thanks, John

Old Jun 18th 2002, 4:43 am
Just Joined

nids6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Chicago does not accept personal checks, only money order or cashier's check. I sent personal checks in without knowing this before and got the packet sent back to me so it delayed the process for me a little bit! Good luck!
Old Jun 18th 2002, 6:25 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

John,

If you are going to send the I-131 separately from the I-485, I would not send it until after you have received the receipt for the I-485 submission. Then, include a copy of the receipt with the I-131. Otherwise, you run the risk that they may reject the I-131 on the basis that there is no I-485 pending.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by John
Well, now it's time to go through the AOS process. I think I have a glimmer of an
idea of what I need to do to apply at the Chicago office. Please correct me if I'm
wrong. Mail the I-485, I-765, I-864 both G-325A's, 2 ADIT photos & Copies of I-94,
I-797(NOA2), certified marriage certificate, birth certificate & certified translated
birth certificate (this must be done by mail only) to: USINS Chicago District Office
Attn: One-Stop PO Box A3462 Chicago, IL 60690-3462

Mail the I-131 separately (this must now be done by mail only) to: Immigration and
Naturalization Service Attn: Advance Parole
P.O. Box A3462 Chicago, IL 60690-3462

Separate checks for all apps. Wait for EAD interview.

I must have missed something. Could anyone fill me in please?

Thanks,

John