Chennai counsulate ( K 3)

Wikiposts

Chennai counsulate ( K 3)

Old Dec 11th 2002, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

kindia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chennai counsulate ( K 3)

Hi,

Has anybody recently been through the Chennai American Counsulate. NVC had send the approved petition on Dec 5th.

Still has of today chennai claims they don't have the approved petition.

regards
Kindia
Old Mar 19th 2003, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

venkimani is an unknown quantity at this point

hi kindia
i got my k3 approved on feb 10 .....got my second noa around 14/feb/03 from msc stating that it has been sent to mumbai consulate .....then on 24/feb/03 my wife received a noa from NVC stating that the file has been sent to chennai consulate on 21/feb/03 along with the case number starting with MDR as our marriage took place at chennai ...............today its almost a month and still the chennai consulate says that they haven't received our file .........can u please tell me how long it takes for the file to reach chennai consulate .............
i hope by now u r interview must be over ...........u can guide me as well
do mail me freely at [email protected]
hope to get a reply soon from u
take care
bye
venkat
Old Mar 21st 2003, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

kindia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi venkimani

venkimani,
This is how it goes

MSC will send letter saying the sended the petition to the counsultae aboard but they will not send it.

They send the petition to NVC ( National Visa Center), and as soon as they recieve the petition they forward the petition to the embassy aboard via email, and also the same time they send you also a letter stating that they have forwarded the petition.

I am sure chennai has your petition. You should know how they peoples( Indians) run over there. They take everything easy. I used to call them and they always say that they didn't have the petition but at the same time they had it in another section.

Now what happens is they will send you list of things you need for the interivew and the interivew date will be there aswell. Make sure you have all your documents ready including Police clearence.(PCC as well.)

Good luck

Interivew will be anothing ,they didn't ask my wife anything at all. they saw all her documents and said your visa will be mailed to you via couier service.

regards
Kindia
Old Mar 23rd 2003, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

venkimani is an unknown quantity at this point

hi kindia
thanks for u r reply
how long it took for u to get a reply from the chennai consulate
and how long it took for the medical to be done .....I know that tests need to be done from lister labs......do they have any specific hospitals for the same
please reply
thanks a lot for u r reply