Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Checklist while I-129F is pending

Wikiposts

Checklist while I-129F is pending

Old Aug 24th 2008, 12:54 am
EJ3
Forum Regular

EJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Checklist while I-129F is pending

Hi,

My fiance and I filed our I-129F petition at the California Sevice Centre in April this year and our application is received and pending.

Just a quick check on documents and things I could be getting ready at this point. I am preparing my form to gain a police certificate.

I know that there are injections which I need to have but where can I find an official list of exactly what is required? Also, are these something which can be done at my local doctors surgery?
As I understand, my fiance in the US is responsible for the affidavit of support.
Are there other documents to take care of at this stage?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 5:24 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Checklist while I-129F is pending

Check out the Consular website...links on the right
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...iv/fiance.html

The medical info is in there eventually, with a vax. chart.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 5:49 am
EJ3
Forum Regular

EJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you meauxna, that link was incredibly useful.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:59 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My fiancee got his vaccinations in the UK. It was covered by NHS.Get them at your local doctor. The varicella vaccine is not available in the UK . After approval the medical must be done at Knightsbridge Doctors in London and they will charge you for vacs so get them done locally. Make sure to get a copy of your vaccination records as well.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:55 pm
EJ3
Forum Regular

Thank you for your helpful reply Penguinbar.

I am planning to get them done next week by my local doctor- hopefully on the NHS but we will see!
From the list of vaccinations I think most (all but three) should have been taken care of when I was a child and should be on record.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:55 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EJ3

I am planning to get them done next week by my local doctor- hopefully on the NHS but we will see!
From the list of vaccinations I think most (all but three) should have been taken care of when I was a child and should be on record.
Your're welcome !
Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:27 am
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by EJ3

Hi EJ

You might need to get boosters from your childhood vaccines. I had my medical in July and had to have the Dtap (Diptheria, tetanus, polio and pertussis) booster as it had been over 10 years since I had the tetanus jab. According to immigration requirements all vaccines need to be less then 10 years old, so be prepared to get a full set of boosters and then get your doctor to give you a list of your vaccines on headed paper etc.

Hope this helps.

Lyn
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:14 am
EJ3
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LynannC
Hi EJ

You might need to get boosters from your childhood vaccines. I had my medical in July and had to have the Dtap (Diptheria, tetanus, polio and pertussis) booster as it had been over 10 years since I had the tetanus jab. According to immigration requirements all vaccines need to be less then 10 years old, so be prepared to get a full set of boosters and then get your doctor to give you a list of your vaccines on headed paper etc.

Hope this helps.

Lyn
That is really useful information to know. Thank you very much LynannC

I assumed that my doctor would tell me if any vaccinations were out of date. However, now I will ask and can check that they are all less than 10yrs old.
I will make sure to get full list of all my vaccinations afterwards.