Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Checking EAD status online for K3?

Wikiposts

Checking EAD status online for K3?

Old Oct 12th 2003, 2:13 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Checking EAD status online for K3?

My question is what to use to check for the EAD status. We did the K3 bit so the EAD has been sent to Chicago. No NOA yet, but a copy of the check online (thanks BOA, ), shows one letter and 7 numbers with a slash and then 6 more numbers. Now that we're back in the waiting game again, hubby getting antsey. Any guidance would be appreciated on this. So far trying to use these numbers has been a Rubik's Cube exercise in futility. Gentle readers?
Old Oct 12th 2003, 3:42 am
Just Joined

Jongsoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Checking EAD status online for K3?

MSC will send you receive notice and that inclued your EAD number and ask make appointment for fingerprit.
You can check your EAD status with that number in BCIS online.
Good luck.
-Jongsoon-
Old Oct 12th 2003, 3:52 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jongsoon
MSC will send you receive notice and that inclued your EAD number and ask make appointment for fingerprit.
You can check your EAD status with that number in BCIS online.
Good luck.
-Jongsoon-
Thanks Jongsoon. I know they will send the notice I was just trying to anticipate it a bit, and see if there was any significance to the numbers they wrote on my check. Also I was wondering if they still use MSC or it's NBC now ?
Old Oct 12th 2003, 5:44 am
Just Joined

Jongsoon is an unknown quantity at this point

They gave me some number like as follows;

MSC03********

Good luck
-Jongsoon-
Old Oct 12th 2003, 5:59 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cindyabs
My question is what to use to check for the EAD status. We did the K3 bit so the EAD has been sent to Chicago. No NOA yet, but a copy of the check online (thanks BOA, ), shows one letter and 7 numbers with a slash and then 6 more numbers. Now that we're back in the waiting game again, hubby getting antsey. Any guidance would be appreciated on this. So far trying to use these numbers has been a Rubik's Cube exercise in futility. Gentle readers?

Hi Cindy.
I received a I-765 NOA with instuctions to phone the NVC to make an appointment for fingerprinting and photo. I did that the same day I received it and had the fingerprints/photo done withing a couple of days at a local assistance centre. The number to check status on line is a 13 digit number beginning with MSC and is found on the NOA (similar to the I-129's and I-130's).

My NOA is 26th August and I've heard nothing since the fingerprinting.

Hope this helps

Maggie
Old Oct 12th 2003, 2:43 pm
Sursum corda

Originally posted by Maggs
Hi Cindy.
I received a I-765 NOA with instuctions to phone the NVC to make an appointment for fingerprinting and photo. I did that the same day I received it and had the fingerprints/photo done withing a couple of days at a local assistance centre. The number to check status on line is a 13 digit number beginning with MSC and is found on the NOA (similar to the I-129's and I-130's).

My NOA is 26th August and I've heard nothing since the fingerprinting.

Hope this helps

Maggie

Thanks Maggie and Jongsoon. We shall see what the postman brings, hopefully this week. My next hurdle will be the biometric. For Georgia, my local office is Atlanta. The ASC for Georgia is in..........Atlanta, also! Atlanta is 4 hours from me. South Carolina is a suboffice for Atlanta. They have an office in Charleston which is only 2 hours from me. Sure would be nice if we could go there instead.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 4:53 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Maggie and Jongsoon. We shall see what the postman brings, hopefully this week. My next hurdle will be the biometric. For Georgia, my local office is Atlanta. The ASC for Georgia is in..........Atlanta, also! Atlanta is 4 hours from me. South Carolina is a suboffice for Atlanta. They have an office in Charleston which is only 2 hours from me. Sure would be nice if we could go there instead.

Hmmm..... yeah those trips are a real pain. We hoped there would be an office in Raleigh, but ended up having to travel to Charlotte about four hours away!

Why can't they do something as simple as biometrics more locally????
Old Oct 13th 2003, 12:09 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

When I phoned for my appointment they asked for my zip code and instead of downtown Chicago I was sent to Waukegan ASC. I'm not sure which is the nearest but it took about an hour to drive there. It's also where my hubby had to go to have his fingerprints done for his naturalisation.

The chap at the NVC also asked if I had an ASC code and was it was ASC 1 or ASC 2. Don't know what this means but on the NOA it said ASC code 2 and he kept asking me if I was sure!! Also he asked if I had any letter to go with the NOA which I didn't.

When I got to Waukegan ASC for the fingerprints & photo, they asked if I had a letter too. I only had the NOA and they looked at it and stamped it once everything was done. There was hardly anyone there and they were very casual about the whole thing!

The NOA said it can take anything from 60 - 180 days to process from the date of fingetprinting but the online case status says 30 - 90 days so take your pick if you want to think of a number!!

Maggie
Old Oct 14th 2003, 2:27 am
Rich

Hello

Our 1st Noa for our EAD thru the MSC is Sept 18th, my wife went for
her fingerprints on Oct 1st (we were away on vacation).

Still have no seen an update on the website. Don't they update with
something saying they have received the fingerprints?

Thanks
Rich

Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:07 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Rich
Hello

Our 1st Noa for our EAD thru the MSC is Sept 18th, my wife went for
her fingerprints on Oct 1st (we were away on vacation).

Still have no seen an update on the website. Don't they update with
something saying they have received the fingerprints?

Thanks
Rich
Unfortunately no..... they only update when its approved.