Reload this Page >

Charlotte Office - The medical Examination

Wikiposts

Charlotte Office - The medical Examination

Old Jun 14th 2002, 1:20 am
Jewel Bartle

Default Charlotte Office - The medical Examination

Hi all,

Just thought that I would print a note here to the NG. In working my way through the
paperwork, and checking back with the INS site I found out that when you file with
the Charlotte INS office you are now required to submit your medicial exam (I-693)
with your I-130/I-485 package submission. I am not sure if this is a new policy with
their office, and I do not remember seeing this on the INS web site before. I called
the INS 800# and confirmed this and was told that they are taking only 8 months to
process paperwork there at this time.

Just another note, I called and got a Dr in my area (Hickory NC) and fortunately was
able to get a appointment the next day, but told that I must bring $450.00 cash for
the fees/costs....YIKES. I am hoping it doesn't really cost that much.

Anyhow, I just wanted to pass along this information, as it was a surprise to me, as
I had not planned on the medical (and the fees) for a couple months.

Jewel

Old Jun 14th 2002, 1:20 am
Andy Platt

Default Re: Charlotte Office - The medical Examination

"Jewel Bartle" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Just another note, I called and got a Dr in my area (Hickory NC) and fortunately
    > was able to get a appointment the next day, but told that I must bring $450.00 cash
    > for the fees/costs....YIKES. I am hoping it doesn't really cost that much.

That's daylight robbery - phone around other places. This was a couple of years ago
but my medical cost $150 - and that was considered to be on the high side! That
didn't include the vaccinations by the way.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Jun 14th 2002, 3:21 am
Michele Sharik

> "Jewel Bartle" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Just another note, I called and got a Dr in my area (Hickory NC) and fortunately
    > > was able to get a appointment the next day, but told that I must bring $450.00
    > > cash for the fees/costs....YIKES. I am hoping it doesn't really cost that much.

> Andy Platt replied: That's daylight robbery - phone around other places. This was
    > a couple of years ago but my medical cost $150 - and that was considered to be on
    > the high side! That didn't include the vaccinations by the way.

I reply: Our Medical last week here in San Francisco (one of the most expensive
places in the country) was $261, including all vaccinations.

I'm with Andy - shop around.

-Michèle

Old Jun 17th 2002, 1:20 am
Betastar

We went to a guy in Raleigh - all we needed was the vaccination supplement filled
out. It was like $30. Why? We went to the Dept. of Public Health for the shots
themselves... they cost us a total of about $200.

Shop around.

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 08:30:36 -0400, Jewel Bartle <[email protected]> wrote:

>
    >Hi all,
    >
    >Just thought that I would print a note here to the NG. In working my way through the
    >paperwork, and checking back with the INS site I found out that when you file with
    >the Charlotte INS office you are now required to submit your medicial exam (I-693)
    >with your I-130/I-485 package submission. I am not sure if this is a new policy with
    >their office, and I do not remember seeing this on the INS web site before. I called
    >the INS 800# and confirmed this and was told that they are taking only 8 months to
    >process paperwork there at this time.
    >
    >Just another note, I called and got a Dr in my area (Hickory NC) and fortunately was
    >able to get a appointment the next day, but told that I must bring $450.00 cash for
    >the fees/costs....YIKES. I am hoping it doesn't really cost that much.
    >
    >Anyhow, I just wanted to pass along this information, as it was a surprise to me, as
    >I had not planned on the medical (and the fees) for a couple months.
    >
    >Jewel