Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Changing appearance during the process...

Wikiposts

Changing appearance during the process...

Old Aug 5th 2014, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Eleigh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing appearance during the process...

This might sound like a very strange question, maybe a stupid one.
(I fully await a berating from Ian!)

During the process of i-130 (now approved) and submitting documents to the nvc, I have submitted the requisite photographs (passport dimensions) of myself. In these, I have long shoulder length hair.
I wish to change my hairstyle to a more regular men's cut, but I'm concerned I won't look exactly as I do in the photos. Is this likely to be an issue?

Also of note which might be useful to people on the forum: I received a message from the nvc informing they are receiving an 'increased number of approved petitions' from USCIS, and the review of our documents will take 'at least 60 days'. (Instead of the usual 30).

Regards,
Leigh
Old Aug 5th 2014, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

breakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to all
Default Re: Changing appearance during the process...

I don’t think it’s a huge deal. I have a totally shaved head in my passport photo and I now have a full head of hair. There are other features people can use to confirm it’s you (“You can tell by the ears,” I was once told).
Old Aug 5th 2014, 9:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eleigh
I fully await a berating from Ian!
I actually think this is a really good question... not one we get too often.

Is this likely to be an issue?
No. As I've said a number of times over the years, you are allowed to live your life during the process... and you can always take updated photos to your interview if you want!

Ian
Old Aug 5th 2014, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Eleigh is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone, guess it's time to bust out the brylcream!

Old Aug 7th 2014, 1:34 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

A new haircut is one thing. Cosmetic surgery? I'd think twice!
Old Aug 8th 2014, 12:36 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I had a beard in the photo, and had shaved it off by the time of the interview - it wasn't mentioned, nor was a new photo requested.

My Green Card still shows me with said beard.
Old Aug 10th 2014, 4:23 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
A new haircut is one thing. Cosmetic surgery? I'd think twice!
When I saw the thread title I was expecting a more dramatic appearance change than even cosmetic surgery would cause. So we still haven't had that question yet.