Reload this Page >

changing address while waiting for I-129F approval

changing address while waiting for I-129F approval

Old Jan 30th 2003, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

joepopuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default changing address while waiting for I-129F approval

hi all,

ok. here's the thing - there's a possibility that my fiance will have to move house during the I-129F approval period. is this going to mess things up for us in a major way or is there a "nice and easy" way (he says with a pained, over-optimistic look on his face) of keeping the whole thing running smoothly? has anyone done this before? our service center will be everyone's favourite - Nebraska!

cheers

joe
Old Jan 30th 2003, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

just thought i'd reply to my own post to put it back near the top. any views on this subject anyone?

cheers - joe
Old Jan 30th 2003, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

julieb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by joepopuk
just thought i'd reply to my own post to put it back near the top. any views on this subject anyone?

cheers - joe
Hi...I'm sorry you have had no replies as yet..I'm no expert but I think you write and tell them..Also has your fiance got the post office to re-direct her mail to her new address?
We have the same problem ..our approval has been posted on the INS case status site and says that we haven't got the letter within 14 days to phone them.
Good luck with it all.

Julie
Old Jan 30th 2003, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your reply. the problem with mail redirection as i understand it, is any INS mail (and i assume any other government-related mail) can't be redirected - it gets returned to sender. I think there is a form you fill in to state change of address, but i got the impression from researching on other sites that it's used once you get in the country, and not before things have even been approved. it's a mystery. thanks all the same - it's nice when you get a reply

good luck to you too!

joe
Old Jan 30th 2003, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

loveabrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: changing address while waiting for I-129F approval

Originally posted by joepopuk
hi all,

ok. here's the thing - there's a possibility that my fiance will have to move house during the I-129F approval period. is this going to mess things up for us in a major way or is there a "nice and easy" way (he says with a pained, over-optimistic look on his face) of keeping the whole thing running smoothly? has anyone done this before? our service center will be everyone's favourite - Nebraska!

cheers

joe
I moved in the mist of our processing and it was fine. I just called Nebraska and changed my address with them.
Old Jan 30th 2003, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

thanks for that - i'll let my fiance know