Reload this Page >

Change of address, PRC and receipt numbers

Change of address, PRC and receipt numbers

Old Aug 12th 2019, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

SaraB25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of address, PRC and receipt numbers

Hi,
So we arrived in the US on the 26th July through POE New York and transferred to Chicago our final destination. The address put on our application was my fathers.. we no have our own home and I’m trying to update USCIS but when I go online it’s asking for a receipt number. I’ve entered the LND and also A number but it’s not recognizing either. The letter sent with the documents we received from London states the immigration officer should have given us a form on how to apply for a PRC but we didn’t receive anything he just told us we should get the card in the next 6 months.

Can anyone shed any light on how to change our address and if they received a form from point of entry. Also how quickly you received your SSN number?

Thank you
sara 😊
Old Aug 12th 2019, 1:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of address, PRC and receipt numbers

What visa did the immigrant arrive on. .CR-1 or K-1?

You do not get a form at the POE for anything.

I assume the number they want is the A number.

How to change your address, go online and complete form AR-11. Then a couple of weeks later, call the USCIS 800 number to make sure they did the change of address.

How long it takes to get a SS card depends on what visa was used to enter the USA.

Rene
Old Aug 12th 2019, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi, It was a IR1 visa that we came in on. The letter that came with the white envelope document states that’s the immigration officer at point of entry will give you any necessary forms to apply for a permanent resident card commonly known as a green card.

I have tried to change it online but it’s not recognizing the A number or the LND number and I don’t have a receipt number??
Old Aug 12th 2019, 2:39 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

With the IR-1, he becomes a US PR upon entry, so there are no more forms to fill out for that, so it was correct that you didn't receive any forms at the POE.

Did you try adding 0s before the A number? Otherwise call the 800 number and verbally do the change of address, and then try the AR-11 again later, maybe his information isn't yet updated in whatever system it's looking in.

Worst case scenario is that his green card and SS card get mailed to your dad's address.

If he checked the box on the visa application stating he wants a SSN, the card should come in the mail within a couple of months. If it does not, he will have to go in person and apply at a local Social Security office.

Rene
Old Aug 12th 2019, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Ok thank you I will try that. 🙂