Reload this Page >

Change of Address and filing of I-751

Wikiposts

Change of Address and filing of I-751

Old Sep 10th 2006, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

SundarV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of Address and filing of I-751

This is the situation for me. I have to apply for removal of condition for my wife before Dec 1, 2006 (she entered US on Dec 1, 2004). I have just moved to Colorado for a new job.

My wife came to US by DCF done in India.

I am planning to do the following:

(1) File AR11
(2) File I-865. But where does this go? Nebraska or India as US Consulate Chennai took her application to give immigrant visa.
(3) I read posts that said send info to offices that may have her files. But I have no clue which offices actually has her file. Any ideas?

Following above, i am going to file for I-751.

Has anyone gone through some similar experiences?

Thanks
Sundar
Old Sep 10th 2006, 8:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of Address and filing of I-751

Originally Posted by SundarV
I have just moved to Colorado for a new job.
Only you moved? Or you both moved?

(2) File I-865. But where does this go? Nebraska or India as US Consulate Chennai took her application to give immigrant visa.
According to the instructions on the I-865 here: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-865.htm it says to file it at the service center which has jurisdiction over your new state of residence. That seems pretty clear to me.

(3) I read posts that said send info to offices that may have her files. But I have no clue which offices actually has her file. Any ideas?
You probably don't need to do this in your case. You don't have any petitions pending at the moment. You'll be filing a new petition (the I-751), so on that petition, use your new address in Colorado on all the forms. That is, if both of you have moved and this is your new permanent address.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 10th 2006, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

SundarV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Only you moved? Or you both moved?

According to the instructions on the I-865 here: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-865.htm it says to file it at the service center which has jurisdiction over your new state of residence. That seems pretty clear to me.

You probably don't need to do this in your case. You don't have any petitions pending at the moment. You'll be filing a new petition (the I-751), so on that petition, use your new address in Colorado on all the forms. That is, if both of you have moved and this is your new permanent address.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Sorry for wrong use of words. Yes, both of us have moved.

Thanks
Sundar
Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

Originally Posted by SundarV
Sorry for wrong use of words. Yes, both of us have moved.

Thanks
Sundar
I recently had a situation where I received the approval letter in MD and moved to VA before I could get to the office for the stamp

For safety, I sent the AR11 to :-
- The address listed
- VSC as that is the service center in both cases
- The new office as an FYI
- Rang the 1800 number and informed them (not that this probably helped, but who knows!!)

Remember to also file the sponsor change of address - I just sent this to the address listed on it, and we received an NOA about a week later, which I took with me to the office on my next visit just incase

When I went in today to get the stamp after getting removed conditions, they tapped in my number and could see the AR11 etc on my file already, and everything was fine

Hope that helps!
Lee