Wikiposts

Change of Address..

Old Nov 26th 2003, 11:53 am
Hubbar

Default Change of Address..

I'm currently awaiting AOS while in USA on K1 visa .. EAD and Advance
Parole both received.

Following inter-state change of Address (from NY) I notified the US Dept
Justice using 'Aliens change of Address form' and Vermont by letter.

This was a couple of months back, but no confirmation of receipt was
received, though the letters themselves were sent by Registered post and
appear to have been safely delivered.

Is is usual not to get any feedback in these circumstances, or what might
the next likely stages be?

Thanks for advice

Hubby

Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:39 am
Gra-Gra

Default Re: Change of Address..

Hubbar <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm currently awaiting AOS while in USA on K1 visa .. EAD and Advance
    > Parole both received.
    >
    > Following inter-state change of Address (from NY) I notified the US Dept
    > Justice using 'Aliens change of Address form' and Vermont by letter.
    >
    > This was a couple of months back, but no confirmation of receipt was
    > received, though the letters themselves were sent by Registered post and
    > appear to have been safely delivered.
    >
    > Is is usual not to get any feedback in these circumstances, or what might
    > the next likely stages be?
    >
    > Thanks for advice
    >
    > Hubby

I see noone has bothered to reply to you.

If you have a receipt no. for your original application you could try
checking it online:
https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...d=bwLtOfwGpqjd.

Was your cheque drawn for your I485 application?

Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:22 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hubbar
This was a couple of months back, but no confirmation of receipt was received, though the letters themselves were sent by Registered post and appear to have been safely delivered.

Is is usual not to get any feedback in these circumstances, or what might the next likely stages be?
The same happened to me. My husband and I moved into a new apartment on October 15th and I sent out his sponsor change of address and my alien change of address. He got a NOA for his very soon afterwards. After discovering that my change of address was never received according to the post office I sent yet another one, which arrived according to them. Yet I still never received a NOA, and after a month and a half decided to give the USCIS a call. The woman entered all my info into the computer and said I'd get a NOA. I still haven't received one now, two weeks later, so I gave them a call earlier. The lady on the phone said it takes about 3-4 weeks to receive the NOA, so to wait another 2 weeks! So it happened to me too. If I were you I'd also give them a call...
Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:39 am
I love my sailor.

Marjeta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Steffi
Yet I still never received a NOA, and after a month and a half decided to give the USCIS a call. The woman entered all my info into the computer and said I'd get a NOA. I still haven't received one now, two weeks later, so I gave them a call earlier. The lady on the phone said it takes about 3-4 weeks to receive the NOA, so to wait another 2 weeks! So it happened to me too. If I were you I'd also give them a call...
Hey... We're also moving this week (perfect time to be moving, ain't it ). I'm going to inform the Cleveland USCIS about the change of address by mail. I also thought about giving them a call, but on the website their office's phone # is not listed anywhere. I don't know if they even accept phone calls... Any insight?