Wikiposts

CC to Interview (IR1)

Old Sep 7th 2018, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute
Default CC to Interview (IR1)

Hi Guys,

I have finally got a case complete yesterday (whoop whoop) and I'm just waiting for the NVC / London Embassy to schedule my interview for the IR1 visa, does anyone know how this works or can give me some indication as to when it will be?

Cheers
T
Old Sep 7th 2018, 1:14 am
NM, not new, not Mexico!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CC to Interview (IR1)

In his I-824 and subsequent process my son received his interview letter 2 weeks after his documents complete notification. His interview was another 8 weeks after that but he was a derivative of an EB-1 AOS not an IR-1 and I suspect there may not be as many consular officers that deal with EB visas as immediate relative visas.
Old Sep 7th 2018, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
In his I-824 and subsequent process my son received his interview letter 2 weeks after his documents complete notification. His interview was another 8 weeks after that but he was a derivative of an EB-1 AOS not an IR-1 and I suspect there may not be as many consular officers that deal with EB visas as immediate relative visas.
Thanks Lizzy, I saw on another forum that a K1 just got a date of Oct 24th so I don't know if they lump all the K1's in with the IR1's or keep everything separate?
Old Sep 7th 2018, 1:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No, I believe they are handled in the same way and at the same time. At the time of the interview, the reception room will hold people going for many types of visas. It isn't Tuesday for IR and Wednesday for K-1, etc.

Now at least you can get your medical appointment set up and I'm assuming you already what your police certificate for that and for the interview. Time to start organizing for your move and gathering the documents and forms you need to leave the UK and ship your belongings.

Last edited by Rete; Sep 7th 2018 at 2:54 am.
Old Sep 7th 2018, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
No, I believe they are handled in the same way and at the same time. At the time of the interview, the reception room will hold people going for many types of visas. It isn't Tuesday for IR and Wednesday for K-1, etc.

Now at least you can get your medical appointment set up and I'm assuming you already what your police certificate for that and for the interview. Time to start organizing for your move and gathering the documents and forms you need to leave the UK and ship your belongings.
Yes the medical is booked for this Tuesday and all documents are ready to go... Just a few things to sort out and to get rid of the majority of my winter clothes, what doesn't fit in two suitcases is being thrown away.