British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Case number online (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/case-number-online-767615/)

Emma M Aug 8th 2012 7:37 am

Case number online

Can DCF London applicants check their case status online somehow with their LND number? It doesn't work if you try to put the number in using the case status online checker through the USCIS website, just wondered out of curiosity if London had their own?

Noorah101 Aug 8th 2012 12:54 pm

Re: Case number online

Originally Posted by Emma M (Post 10216188)
Can DCF London applicants check their case status online somehow with their LND number? It doesn't work if you try to put the number in using the case status online checker through the USCIS website, just wondered out of curiosity if London had their own?

Not that I know of.

Rene

MusicMan71 Aug 8th 2012 1:16 pm

I looked for this a few days ago and found nothing, so I assume not.

Emma M Aug 8th 2012 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 10216688)
Not that I know of.

Rene

Originally Posted by MusicMan71 (Post 10216737)
I looked for this a few days ago and found nothing, so I assume not.

Oh what a shame! :thumbdown:

jeffreyhy Aug 8th 2012 2:42 pm

Of course it doesn't work. The USCIS web site is for tracking domestic cases being handled by USCIS. The "LND number" is the Department of State's number for the visa application case. USCIS has nothing to do with it.

Can DCF London applicants check their case status online somehow with their LND number? It doesn't work if you try to put the number in using the case status online checker through the USCIS website,

The Department of State does not have an online case status feature comparable to the one that USCIS has, but some consulates post their interview schedule online.

just wondered out of curiosity if London had their own?

Regards, JEff

Moxie Aug 8th 2012 4:48 pm

The embassy posts what date they are currently working on to give you an idea of where you stand .

http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html top right
As of August 02, 2012, we are processing petitions filed on June 01, 2012.
(Last updated Thursday, August 2nd, at 08:30 BST)

MusicMan71 Aug 8th 2012 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Moxie (Post 10217081)
The embassy posts what date they are currently working on to give you an idea of where you stand .

http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html top right
As of August 02, 2012, we are processing petitions filed on June 01, 2012.
(Last updated Thursday, August 2nd, at 08:30 BST)

That's for petitions though; no case number is given to the beneficiary until the petition has been approved , so for trying to track cases - you're beyond the date that the website information is useful.

jeffreyhy Aug 8th 2012 5:15 pm

For the avoidance of confusion, let's be clear about this "case number" thing. Getting an immigrant visa is a two-step process that involves two separate cases - the petition to USCIS (Department of Homeland Security) and the visa application to Bureau of Consular Affairs (Department of State). Both cases will be assigned a case number by the respective agencies.

The "LND number" is the visa application case number (for visa applications processed by the consular section in London). MM is correct that it does not exist until after USCIS has approved the petition and the consular section has received the approved petition from USCIS for 'DCF' petitions (or the NVC has received the approved petition from USCIS for petitions filed in the USA).

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by MusicMan71 (Post 10217098)
That's for petitions though; no case number is given to the beneficiary until the petition has been approved , so for trying to track cases - you're beyond the date that the website information is useful.