Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Case complete, timescale to interview?

Case complete, timescale to interview?

Old Apr 5th 2018, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

anothercalamity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Case complete, timescale to interview?

I've just contacted NVC and they have confirmed my case is now complete and I am in the queue for an interview at the consulate.
Any ideas on how long this will take? Any recent experience on timescales?
Old Apr 5th 2018, 5:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case complete, timescale to interview?

I would estimate 4 to 8 weeks.

Rene
Old Apr 5th 2018, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I would estimate 4 to 8 weeks.

Rene
4-8 weeks until I hear from them? Or until I attend the interview? If I hear from them in 4-8 weeks when is the interview likely to be? A month later?
Sorry for so many questions.......was planning on going out to see my husband and now I darent book anything!
Old Apr 5th 2018, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anothercalamity
4-8 weeks until I hear from them? Or until I attend the interview? If I hear from them in 4-8 weeks when is the interview likely to be? A month later?
Sorry for so many questions.......was planning on going out to see my husband and now I darent book anything!
They will notify you in 4-8 weeks about when your interview will be, all depends!
Old Apr 6th 2018, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Keoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anothercalamity
I've just contacted NVC and they have confirmed my case is now complete and I am in the queue for an interview at the consulate.
Any ideas on how long this will take? Any recent experience on timescales?
Congrats on getting through NVC! I’m hoping I’ll be ending that road next few weeks. The answer is how long is a piece of string, as there is no definitive answer, but from what I’ve been seeing it’s approx 2 months from case complete at NVC to interview date. But take this with a pinch of salt as there are just too many variables but gives you an idea.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

adamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keoman
Congrats on getting through NVC! I’m hoping I’ll be ending that road next few weeks. The answer is how long is a piece of string, as there is no definitive answer, but from what I’ve been seeing it’s approx 2 months from case complete at NVC to interview date. But take this with a pinch of salt as there are just too many variables but gives you an idea.
And how long does it take from scan date to case complete as of late?
Old Apr 6th 2018, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adamas
And how long does it take from scan date to case complete as of late?
NVC have changed their party line recently from 11 to 6 weeks, however recently seems 3/4 weeks average but seen several cases under 2 weeks, just luck of the draw.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

adamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond repute

NVC have changed their party line recently from 11 to 6 weeks, however recently seems 3/4 weeks average but seen several cases under 2 weeks, just luck of the draw.
That's a good news. My scan date is last Tuesday.

How do they notify of case complete and of the interview date? By email or do they send a letter by post?
Old Apr 7th 2018, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adamas
That's a good news. My scan date is last Tuesday.

How do they notify of case complete and of the interview date? By email or do they send a letter by post?
Email to say case complete with details to follow on interview booking. You can use the NVC case checker. When it changes from “submit documents” to “at NVC” that’s usually an indicator case complete but call to confirm.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 1:37 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Although it was 2016 (but things haven't changed too much with the CC to interview stage), my timeline was:

Case complete on October 20
Got my interview appointment email October 28
Interview was December 6

They issue the interview appointments at the very beginning and very end of the month usually. So at the end of October and beginning of November they were doing December appointment notifications. At the end of April and beginning of May they will be doing June appointment letters.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 2:05 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

Email to say case complete with details to follow on interview booking. You can use the NVC case checker. When it changes from “submit documents” to “at NVC” that’s usually an indicator case complete but call to confirm.
My status changed from "submit documents" to "at NVC" 9 days after NVC received my paperwork, so not sure if that is the case, unless mine had been scanned and reviewed in record time!
Old Apr 7th 2018, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by StuBear65
My status changed from "submit documents" to "at NVC" 9 days after NVC received my paperwork, so not sure if that is the case, unless mine had been scanned and reviewed in record time!
I would say so! I’ve seen people recording pretty quick times but didn’t want to say that hear giving false hope! But congrats!!
Old Apr 8th 2018, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Can you give me a link to where I can check the status of my case?

I submitted my papers to NVC 4 weeks ago, so I'm thinking I'm at case complete within 3 weeks but would like to see it in writing!
I had an email saying they require additional financial information from my secondary sponsor but that I can take it to my interview.
Old Apr 8th 2018, 7:30 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

I just check here.

CEAC
Old Apr 8th 2018, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

I just check here.

CEAC
Thank you!

It says at NVC. When I spoke to them on the phone this week they said my case was complete, should that message change?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.