Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Casablanca, Morocco: Timeline and procedural questions

Casablanca, Morocco: Timeline and procedural questions

Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:18 am
Just Joined

tmaliik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Casablanca, Morocco: Timeline and procedural questions

I had 129F (K1) for my fianciee approved and sent to casablanca consulate on Jan 22nd, 2004.... and have following questions, if someone can help..... really appreciate the help:

1. How can i find out if Casa consulate has received the petition from NVC? My fianciee went there and called many times but everytime the answer is to wait for the packet.
2. Can she go and get the pacaket?
3. We have already downloaded (from britsh consulate) all forms except the checklist and filled them up.... Once we get the packet, can she go personally go hand over the checklist and get the interview appointment?
4. How long is the wating persiod from turning in the check list to getting the interview date?
5. can she go ahead and get medical exam without having received the packet?

Any other help, tip to faciltate the process will greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:50 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Casablanca, Morocco: Timeline and procedural questions

Originally posted by tmaliik
I had 129F (K1) for my fianciee approved and sent to casablanca consulate on Jan 22nd, 2004.... and have following questions, if someone can help..... really appreciate the help:
Hi tmaliik,

My husband received his K3 visa approximately one month ago. I don't think anything is drastically different between the way Casa handles the K1 and the K3's, except you will probably have to provide more proof of relationship than we did. I will search for some of my posts that may help you.

1. How can i find out if Casa consulate has received the petition from NVC? My fianciee went there and called many times but everytime the answer is to wait for the packet.
They will notify you. If the NVC forwarded the petition already, you'll hear from them soon. I would give it at least another two weeks. Don't bug them too much. It is a small consulate and they will remember you.

2. Can she go and get the pacaket?
No.

3. We have already downloaded (from britsh consulate) all forms except the checklist and filled them up.... Once we get the packet, can she go personally go hand over the checklist and get the interview appointment?
When you get the packet they will send an appointment date with it. IF you want to you can ask for a sooner date. However, they don't have to give it to you.

4. How long is the wating persiod from turning in the check list to getting the interview date?
The process in Casa is different than the British consulate, don't go by the instructions on the British consulates website verbatim, you will get thrown some curves. To my knowledge, there is no prior turning in of the checklist in Casa. You take the checklist with you to the appointment. My husband's appointment was approximately one month from receiving Packet 3.

5. can she go ahead and get medical exam without having received the packet?
No.

Any other help, tip to faciltate the process will greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
My only advice to you is, don't push your luck with this consulate. They can make it very difficult for you if they want to. My experience has been that they are suspicious of Moroccan immigrants. My timeline is below. Have you done your Affidavit of Support? You will need 3 years tax returns.

Leslie
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:19 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

These are the three threads that I started relating to my husband's consulate interview and the subsequent issuing of his K3 visa. They are pretty long and full of congratulations and/or condolences. You won't need to read all of the way through all of that stuff.

I hope this helps.

Leslie

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=195609

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=196116

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=200538
Old Feb 10th 2004, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Alicia&Driss is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I missed your post yesterday.....My Husband is also Moroccan.
I second what Leslie said.
To add, I do have a copy of the Check list from Morocco if you would like it just shoot me an email. Ill be glad to forward it to you. See my timeline.....we are still in waiting for the visa. Best of Luck to you both!!!
Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

tmaliik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi,

These are the three threads that I started relating to my husband's consulate interview and the subsequent issuing of his K3 visa. They are pretty long and full of congratulations and/or condolences. You won't need to read all of the way through all of that stuff.

I hope this helps.

Leslie

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=195609

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=196116

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=200538
Hi Leslie,
Thanks so much for your detailed messages.... you have been a tremendous help and support.... your messages meant a lot. my fiancee gotb the packet yesterday with appoint date of 17th feb.... vow within 6 days of packet.

I am flying on sat to go with her to the interview..... do you know if consulate allows petitoner and his children to be present (my children want to go to the interview.... they are going with me to Morocco).

Again thanks for your help and support.