Reload this Page >

Can't get work with EAD!! UPDATE

Wikiposts

Can't get work with EAD!! UPDATE

Old Apr 26th 2003, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough
Default Can't get work with EAD!! UPDATE

Hi all, well if you remember I posted here a few weeks ago about how I was having a hard time finding a job with my EAD and employers allwasys asking for Green Card. WEll thanks to all who replied.
A few days after first posting the thread I went down a temp agency and got hooked up with a temp job in a local printing shop, though not my feild, really boring and crappy pay it was great to be in a job and bring some money home and the people were relly nice there. Well after few weeks there I got a call from a company who saw my resume on the monster.com site and gave me a phone interview. The only question she asked regards my status was 'What brings you to the US?' so I told her the whole K1 stuff and that was it. Two days later she calls me again for a face to face interview, that went great, no status questions. A week after the interview I get another call to go in for a final interview with 5 people who I will be working with, so I get there and one of the guy's who is in the interview came over here on K1 3 years ago. This guy was an expert on a certain type of machine the company uses and they could'nt wait for him to get his EAD so they could hire him. YES, YES, YES!!!! So long story short they offered me a position yesterday, it's a great job and I am really happy.
Hope you all get lucky like I did and get the jobs you want with your EAD.
Thanks again for your advicve.
Richard
Old Apr 26th 2003, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, Richard! Welcome to America
Old Apr 26th 2003, 1:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Good going, Richard. May the association prove to be a long and happy one for both you and the company.

Rete
Old Apr 26th 2003, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations !!! I hope everything goes well. Good job !!
My husband is having a really hard time being unemployed (he is a K3'er and is waiting for EAD approval), your post has given us inspiration.

~Claudia
Old Apr 26th 2003, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

BritAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can't get work with EAD!! UPDATE

Most excellent news. Good uplifting information for all that are following in your footsteps.

It's also cool to hear that people are getting hired from Monster.com. I was always wondering if people were getting jobs using that service. Looks like it works!
Old Apr 26th 2003, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

lucymoody is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great! Congratulations. I had no trouble getting a job as a physician with my EAD, but I don't know what happens if by the time the date to start comes around (end of June) and I don't have my EAD. Gulp! Oh well, at least they're aware of the possibility and my contract's in hand.
Can't wait to hear of someone getting their EAD whose date is near mine!

1st NOA for EAD (K3 via MSC) - March 28
2nd NOA - ?
Old Apr 26th 2003, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

lucymoody is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great! Congratulations. I had no trouble getting a job as a physician with my EAD, but I don't know what happens if by the time the date to start comes around (end of June) and I don't have my EAD. Gulp! Oh well, at least they're aware of the possibility and my contract's in hand.
Can't wait to hear of someone getting their EAD whose date is near mine!

1st NOA for EAD (K3 via MSC) - March 28
Fingerprinted - April 4
2nd NOA - ?
Old Apr 28th 2003, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get working in my field again hope you have as much luck as me. It is very fustrating looking for work here but just keep at it!
Rich
Old Apr 28th 2003, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, congratulations! And it's good to know it worked and that monster.com works! I will tell my husband to post there and maybe hotjobs as well. Good luck in your new job.