Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

A Canadian Engineer,a Mexican Dentist and California!!!

Wikiposts

A Canadian Engineer,a Mexican Dentist and California!!!

Old Jul 14th 2002, 8:20 am
Chris

Default A Canadian Engineer,a Mexican Dentist and California!!!

I am posting this in hopes to start to gather information regarding my situation.

I am a Canadian Citizen and my Wife is a Mexican Citizen and also a Permanent
Resident here in Canada. We have some very good friends who live near San Francisco
California that we would like to move to be closer to. My Wife can't practice
Dentistry here in Canada without taking a mandatory 2 year University refresher (@
45k per year!). Our friends in California called us to say they heard that California
was in desperate need of Dentists in many rural areas and that they were going to
sponsor or issue quick papers to approx 100 Mexican Dentist to help fill positions in
these needy areas. If anybody is aware of this plan I would appreciate any
information you might have. For us to move to California, what is the proper
procedure and paperwork we would require? Can we only move there if we have jobs to
go to? Our friends have offered their home to us until we find employment and can
have our own home. From what info I have found, California does not require a
mandatory re-training and will let my Wife write her exams and clinical tests right
away! But they (California) are going to be passing a bill that will require a
mandatory 2 year refresher course and we would like to try to start the process
before this happens.

Any links to help answer our questions would be helpful and appreciated.

Thank you!

CR

Old Jul 18th 2002, 2:20 pm
Modbl

Default Re: A Canadian Engineer,a Mexican Dentist and California!!!

I am a licensed dentist practicing in Illinois. As far as I know, foreign trained
dentists (excluding Canadian dentists) need to attend a US dental school for two
years before taking regional board exams to be licensed.

California have their own board and you may check their website
(http://www.dbc.ca.gov/) but I doubt they will issue a dental license to a foreign
dentist without US dental school education.

Good luck~!

On 7/14/02 1:30 PM, in article
[email protected] ogers.com, "Chris"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I am posting this in hopes to start to gather information regarding my situation.
    >
    > I am a Canadian Citizen and my Wife is a Mexican Citizen and also a Permanent
    > Resident here in Canada. We have some very good friends who live near San Francisco
    > California that we would like to move to be closer to. My Wife can't practice
    > Dentistry here in Canada without taking a mandatory 2 year University refresher (@
    > 45k per year!). Our friends in California called us to say they heard that
    > California was in desperate need of Dentists in many rural areas and that they were
    > going to sponsor or issue quick papers to approx 100 Mexican Dentist to help fill
    > positions in these needy areas. If anybody is aware of this plan I would appreciate
    > any information you might have. For us to move to California, what is the proper
    > procedure and paperwork we would require? Can we only move there if we have jobs to
    > go to? Our friends have offered their home to us until we find employment and can
    > have our own home. From what info I have found, California does not require a
    > mandatory re-training and will let my Wife write her exams and clinical tests right
    > away! But they (California) are going to be passing a bill that will require a
    > mandatory 2 year refresher course and we would like to try to start the process
    > before this happens.
    >
    > Any links to help answer our questions would be helpful and appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > CR
    >