Wikiposts

canada to us

Old May 3rd 2004, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

aguf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default canada to us

Hi all,

At present I am working in US on H-1 B status (I do not have visa stamped on passport. Changed from F-1 to H-1B status. Citizen of India).

I got PR of Canada recently and planning a visit to Canada in recent future and plan to return back to US to wind up the job in US.

I am worried about how I will enter I US. I know I will definitely require a visa to enter US.

Has anybody in my situation before?.
Has anybody got his H-1B stamped from Canada (especially the US consulates in Montreal/Ottawa/Toronto )?.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
GA
Old May 3rd 2004, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice
Default Re: canada to us

At present I am working in US on H-1 B status (I do not have visa stamped on passport. Changed from F-1 to H-1B status. Citizen of India).
------- When you go to India you can get H1b visa stamped, remember Bombay and Chennai consulates are creating problems for H1 or H4 visa stamp
I got PR of Canada recently and planning a visit to Canada in recent future and plan to return back to US to wind up the job in US.
------- You can go to Canada and complete the landing formalities before PR visa expire
I am worried about how I will enter I US. I know I will definitely require a visa to enter US.
------- Yes, you will need Visa stamp for US
----Many, go to www.immigrationportal.com and post your question in H visa related thread and Canada related thread and will get many answers
Has anybody got his H-1B stamped from Canada (especially the US consulates in Montreal/Ottawa/Toronto )?.
------ Many have got H1 visa from Toronto or Ottawa, if your studied in US then you good chance of H1Visa stamp and that time you will be PR of Canada, (remember if you apply H1B Visa stamp in Canada and got rejected you cannot enter US from Canada you have to go directly to India for the Visa stamp)

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Old May 7th 2004, 8:14 am
Devyandu Bhatia

aguf <member15896@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > At present I am working in US on H-1 B status (I do not have
    > visa stamped on passport. Changed from F-1 to H-1B status. Citizen of
    > India).
    >
    > I got PR of Canada recently and planning a visit to Canada
    > in recent future and plan to return back to US to wind up the job in
    > US.
    >
    > I am worried about how I will enter I US. I know I will
    > definitely require a visa to enter US.
    >
    > Has anybody in my situation
    > before?.
    > Has anybody got his H-1B stamped from Canada (especially
    > the US consulates in Montreal/Ottawa/Toronto )?.
    >
    > Any help will be
    > greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    > GA

I know someone who was in your exact situation. Their stamping was
refused in Ottawa. They said that they can put a new stamp of the same
type but not of a different type.

So If you have H1 and want a new stam that is Ok .. but F1 to H1 is
NOT Ok.

This was 2 years ago.

Old May 7th 2004, 10:04 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by aguf
Hi all,

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
GA
Do you have an expired F-1 visa that hasn't been canceled? Do you have an I-94 with time left on it? Are you going to Canada for less than 30 days?

You may be able to automatically revalidate your visa. The reval regulation stipulates that you have an expired visa. It doesn't require that the visa is the same classification as your current status.

If you apply for a visa while outside the US, then you can't reval.