Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Can you reschedule interview date with London Embassy?

Wikiposts

Can you reschedule interview date with London Embassy?

Old Jan 15th 2003, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Amo mi Británico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you reschedule interview date with London Embassy?

Can you reschedule an interview date, and how much notice do you have to give them?
Old Jan 15th 2003, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Re: Can you reschedule interview date with London Embassy?

Originally posted by Amo mi Británico
Can you reschedule an interview date, and how much notice do you have to give them?
I think I've read somewhere that you can. Although it's not recommended because I think it said it will take them longer to schedule another appointment. Have you received your appointment yet? It looks like you haven't according to your timeline. Perhaps you can email them and ask them to schedule you at a later date.

I also think I read somewhere that it depends what month/day you put on your DS-156 as the month/day your fiance intends to enter the U.S. They try to accomodate your interview with that info.

Anyway, hope someone out there has a clearer answer for you>
BEST WISHES

Kat
Old Jan 15th 2003, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

I'm just very worried because my fiance hasn't received his police certificate yet. I know that he should be getting his interview date any day now because he put that he would leave first week of February on the DS-156. It's been 3 days since he requested his police certificate so I'm wondering what the heck is taking so long!
Ah!
Old Jan 15th 2003, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Originally posted by Amo mi Británico
I'm just very worried because my fiance hasn't received his police certificate yet. I know that he should be getting his interview date any day now because he put that he would leave first week of February on the DS-156. It's been 3 days since he requested his police certificate so I'm wondering what the heck is taking so long!
Ah!

You mean 30 days, right?

Anyway, my fiance's took about a month or so. Also, the interview letter may arrive soon, but the interview probably won't be for another two weeks after that. So it's plenty of time for the certificate to come. They say if you don't get it in 40days, you need to contact them and I think they expedite it for you.

Good luck

Kat
Old Jan 15th 2003, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Whoops! Yeah, I mean 30 days! lol!! Ah! I hope he gets it any day now...you know how we can all stress! ha ha!