Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Can you drive on Fiance Visa?

Wikiposts

Can you drive on Fiance Visa?

Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:16 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you drive on Fiance Visa?

TI,

But it seems so appropriate!

Just re-register. You've only racked up 4 posts, you won't lose much in your race to a higher member status.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by TotalIdiot
BTW Does anyone know how to change usernames? The one I have reflects how I felt about myself one day... after a day... trying to sort out stuff! LOL!
Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
TI,

Just re-register. You've only racked up 4 posts, you won't lose much in your race to a higher member status.

Regards, JEff
TotalIdiot can send a Private Message to one of the Mods, letting us know that he's registering under a new name (and what that name is), so Admin can delete the old username.

A BE member is not allowed to hold 2 usernames at the same time.

Rene
Old Mar 4th 2010, 10:21 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TotalIdiot
Well DMV varies from state to state, as we know. What constitutes acceptable primary documentation in one state may not in another. And what is one states policy however fishy it might sound, is just their policy or complexity, however, you would like to think about it.

I prefer not to mention the state that I picked up this knowledge. However, from that state here is the what it says is needed is "additional proof of your lawful admission period, such as a form DS-2019, I-797, I-20 or other official immigration document or receipt".

HTH!
Not really, the part that sounded 'fishy' was the getting a DL on one set of documents and expecting a request for better documents later.. it's still confusing to me, what you wrote.
But, I'll just take my passport in when I go to renew my license this month.

BTW Does anyone know how to change usernames? The one I have reflects how I felt about myself one day... after a day... trying to sort out stuff! LOL!
Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
TI,

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by Noorah101
TotalIdiot can send a Private Message to one of the Mods, letting us know that he's registering under a new name (and what that name is), so Admin can delete the old username.

A BE member is not allowed to hold 2 usernames at the same time.

Rene

The preferred method is for you to write a PM to user 'Sue', the Administrator, and ask her to change your username. This will save everyone several steps.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Emily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to all

Thanks for the screen name change advice.

meauxna, sorry if my post has confused you. The point for the OP,

is that to be aware of the good and not so good implications of applying for a license whilst he will be going through AOS.

for instance, I didnt realise when I passed this driving test, that basically within the paperwork that i signed that some how, my uk drivers license within this state was nullified... and that the only thing, I am now allowed to drive on is my US drivers license in this state. Actually it makes sense to me, but still!

From that, I had never heard of SC stuff before.

I had a US drivers license many years ago.. with no issues.

The issue that I had read for some people is this, they get a US drivers license from which ever state, then they apply for AOS, in the meantime their I-94 runs out, as that runs out then the state DMV writes to them to state that their driving privileges will be revoked on the same day as the I-94.

From that unless, the person has receipts back from USCIS, then the person is not able to drive on any license.

However, this is when it starts to get really confusing... because for some states they need to see a valid drivers license, as part of the primary id to reissue the drivers license.

A revoked drivers license is not a valid drivers license. So, if the person was to go to the DMV on a date after their license was revoked, it will make trying to get a new one issued more problematic. I have read people in this state, having to retake drivers tests etc.