Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Can you attend the interview with your fiance?

Can you attend the interview with your fiance?

Old Aug 31st 2002, 1:10 pm
Bill Garske

Default Can you attend the interview with your fiance?

I'm planning on visiting my fiance during the time she has her interview at the
consulate in Managua, Nicaragua. Will I be able to be with her during the interview
or will she be required to attend alone? Let me know what happened to you. Also, any
other K1's from Central America? Thanks.

Old Aug 31st 2002, 1:26 pm
Girard Bourque

Default Re: Can you attend the interview with your fiance?

That will be a call the consulate makes and it varies from consulate to consulate.
In Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, the sponsor is required to attend the
interview. In fact they have a habit of interviewing you together, then separating
you and interviewing separately.

Jerry

Old Aug 31st 2002, 2:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bill Garske:
I'm planning on visiting my fiance during the time she has her interview at the consulate in Managua, Nicaragua. Will I be able to be with her during the interview or will she be required to attend alone? Let me know what happened to you. Also, any other K1's from Central America? Thanks.
When I applied for my visa my wife (USC) went with me to the US embassy in London. She was with me at all times during the "interview" process, though this only amounted to standing at a desk, similar to a bank teller's, and answering a few questions while the clerk examined our forms and papers.

I would have said that it would be better to be at the interview if at all possible, then there can be no doubt that you have met. You can also vouch for each other as needs be when answering questions.
Old Sep 1st 2002, 12:12 am
Folinskyiinla

[email protected] (Bill Garske) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > I'm planning on visiting my fiance during the time she has her interview at the
    > consulate in Managua, Nicaragua. Will I be able to be with her during the interview
    > or will she be required to attend alone? Let me know what happened to you. Also,
    > any other K1's from Central America? Thanks.

Hi:

I'm an immigration lawyer in Los Angeles. I don't know the answer to your specific
question but I'll tell you what I would do if you were my client: I'd send an e-mail
to the consulate, or call them and ASK. Its up to the consulate and they have
different policies.

Old Sep 1st 2002, 6:29 am
Toni D

>From: [email protected] (Bill Garske)

I went with my husband to his "interview" in Guatemala. Some consulates have a
policy about whether or not spouse attends. It wasn't required that I be there and
it wasn't really an interview, just review of all documents. Make sure you have
everything.