Reload this Page >

can someone shoot me now?

Wikiposts

can someone shoot me now?

Old Jun 27th 2003, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

brianheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can someone shoot me now?

just wondering if any kind soul would please shoot me?.... not really. but thats how i feel. i guess this is just a venting message. i'm on day 147 and to be honest, this waiting is an absolute joke. its pretty obvious that the people at nebraska get paid by the hour. how in the hell can so many other service centers move at just a steady pace except nebraska. i've heard all of the stuff about the officers grabbing a large number of applications yadda yadda yadda. but come on. how long does it really take to either approve or deny a petition? our lawyer told us they like to take this long for one simple reason. to see if its love or lust. love can wait, lust cannot. i understand that. i agree with that. but my god, you talk about the system being a disappointment. i've seen several folks get approved quickly while others have had to wait much longer than anticipated. i'm very happy for those who did not have to wait as long as most. and i feel terrible for those who had to wait longer than the estimated time.

nonetheless, i'm not giving up on my fiancee' and our future. its strange to think that a long time ago, esther's (my fiancee') grandfather had to leave his wife. and my grandfather had to leave his wife. they both were drafted to fight in world war II. they were fighting against each other and was seperated from their loved ones for 3 years. and its funny to think that now we are apart and waiting to be together. i couldnt imagine how they felt. so i try to think of that story when i get angry about this waiting. at least i dont have to worry about her safety as our grandmothers had to worry. then again i have times like tonight when im really down about the whole waiting stuff. well thank goodness for this message board. i think venting a little is good. well, enough of my bitching.

i just hope i come home monday from work and see our approval. am i asking too much...LOL. probably

good luck to everyone
Old Jun 27th 2003, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck, Brianheart. I completely understand your frustration with this botched up system. It isn't fair. All service centers should be on the same processing time, be it 30-90 days or 150-180. I don't think they make you wait to see if it's love or lust. If that were the case, no one would be getting approved in 30 days or less. It's ridiculous and makes no sense at all. It's just another tough thing to go through, as if being thousands of miles apart isn't enough. NSC seems to have had a faster rate of approvals there for about 3 months and I was hoping it would continue. I hope it's very soon for you NSC folks.