Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CAN A K-3 EVER BE DENIED??

Wikiposts

CAN A K-3 EVER BE DENIED??

Old Jun 21st 2002, 1:20 pm
Kathy

Default CAN A K-3 EVER BE DENIED??

Not sure if I have posted this but it has not shown up in the group ... my puter has
taken the headstagers perhaps.

Just wondering if it has ever been known for a K-3 spouse visa to be denied??

Old Jun 21st 2002, 4:20 pm
Steve Hubbard

Default Re: CAN A K-3 EVER BE DENIED??

I have never heard of one being denied but anything is possible especially if one is
caught lying on the application...since there is no interview I guess the chances of
being caught in a lie are slim...we've been waiting for our K-3 since Jan
30th...We're not counting on anything until my wife's Visa is firmly in her hand...

Old Jun 21st 2002, 5:20 pm
Michele Sharik

did you lie on your application?

"Steve Hubbard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I have never heard of one being denied but anything is possible especially if
    > one is caught lying on the application...since there is no interview I guess
    > the chances of being caught in a lie are slim...we've been waiting for our K-3
    > since Jan 30th...We're not counting on anything until my wife's Visa is firmly
    > in her hand...

Old Jun 21st 2002, 10:20 pm
Maarten W.G. An

"kathy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Not sure if I have posted this but it has not shown up in the group ... my puter
    > has taken the headstagers perhaps.
    >
    > Just wondering if it has ever been known for a K-3 spouse visa to be denied??

Sure it can be denied.

Some of the reasons:

- The applicant has a criminal history in the home country, and/or has served
time in jail.
- The applicants spouse is not able to financially support the applicant (and can't
find a sponsor)
- The applicant and/or the spouse has lied on the papers.
- The applicant is a member of a forbidden (terrorist or other) organization.

Is it likely? Not really.... if the applicant is a nice person, and you got the
finances to support him chances are slim that your visa will be denied. Just follow
the rules and you'll be fine...

Maarten

Old Jun 22nd 2002, 1:20 am
Richard Sun

I have never heard of a K-3 visa being denied, but of course it's always possible. If
a K-3 were to get denied I would hire a lawyer immediately to make sure that the
I-130 process doesn't run into trouble as well.

Here's my current time line:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Old Jun 22nd 2002, 6:20 am
Karen

"Actually yes they can be denied. My husband has gone through 2 interviews, both
being conducted by prejudiced Indian women that don't want to see him with a white
woman. Second interview he went to, they asked the very same questions as the first
one, this time making rude remarks about his father saying he looked paralyzed in the
wedding pictures and remarking about how i looked like a "model" in our pictures,
laughing the whole way through. Then they put our case on Administrative Review. My
Senator has told me to contact the State Dept. Office of Consular Affairs, which i've
done, saying that they were discriminating. Also, when Fredrick Polasky of the Mumbai
(Bombay) Consulate emailed the Senator back after the Senator wanted to know what was
going on and why they're putting us through this, he gives different excuses
everytime. Last one he told the Senator to give my husband his email address, when we
tried to email him, that email came back as Undeliverable. SO you see, K3 can be
denied, and basically the Consulate can do anything they want to as far as screwing
your life up. The clincher to this is, I just got NOA for our I130. I have called the
NVC, it is now there,the lady told me it will probably be at the consulate in 2 weeks
or so. Does anybody know if they can tell my husband he can't get the I130 because
they're giving us a hard time about the K3. I'm also thinking that the NVC might
think my husband already has his K3 and might try sending the approved I130 to the
neareast INS closest to my home!! That would be great!!! Then it would take months
more for them to figure everything out and send it to the Consulate in MUMBAI!!! The
whole thing is.....Expect the worst from the embassies, they really don't care if
you're with your spouse or not!!

Old Jun 24th 2002, 1:20 am
Andy Platt

"karen" <[email protected]> wrote:

> The clincher to this is, I just got NOA for our I130. I have called the NVC, it is
    > now there,the lady told me it will probably be at the consulate in 2 weeks or so.
    > Does anybody know if they can tell my husband he can't get the I130 because they're
    > giving us a hard time about the K3. I'm also thinking that the NVC might think my
    > husband already has his K3 and might try sending the approved I130 to the neareast
    > INS closest to my home!! That would be great!!! Then it would take months more for
    > them to figure everything out and send it to the Consulate in MUMBAI!!!

Now that the I-130 is approved he can't get the K-3. Unfortunately they'll probably
just pull the same crap with the immigrant visa but hopefully you'll have a different
person evaluating it and it will be fine. I wish you all the best. NVC will send it
to whereever you put on the form. INS are great at using addresses on the original
forms - ever tried getting them to take action on a change of address when you have
an application pending?

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.