Can I visit my fiance??

Can I visit my fiance??

Old Aug 31st 2002, 10:02 am
Rincewind

Default Can I visit my fiance??

Hi guys,

My fiance is a USC and I am from the UK and we are currently applying for the
fiance visa.

Can anyone tell me if I am able to continue visiting her in the States every so often
or do I have to remain in the UK??

Also, how do everyone handle the pain of being apart from loved ones while all this
paper work gets filed??

Thanks.

David

--
----------------------------------------
"Actually, the biggest deterrent to scientific progress is a refusal of some people,
including scientists, to believe that things that seem amazing can really happen" -
George S Trimble, Director of NASA Manned Spacecraft Center.

Old Aug 31st 2002, 2:09 pm
Mike

Default Re: Can I visit my fiance??

"Rincewind" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi guys,
    > My fiance is a USC and I am from the UK and we are currently applying for the
    > fiance visa.
    > Can anyone tell me if I am able to continue visiting her in the States every so
    > often or do I have to remain in the UK??
    > Also, how do everyone handle the pain of being apart from loved ones while all this
    > paper work gets filed??
    > Thanks.
    > David

I think legally you can be turned back when u enter the US. The millions of us that
has gone thru this just grit our teeth, moan and groan and wait, u will be approved
eventually! Good luck, Mike

Old Aug 31st 2002, 2:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rincewind:
Hi guys,

....... Can anyone tell me if I am able to continue visiting her in the States every so often or do I have to remain in the UK?? .....

--
Sure you can visit the US, but you should take with you as much evidence as possible that you have roots in the UK and will return home. The usual evidence suggested is a copy of your current rent agreement or mortgage statment to prove that you have a home in the UK. You could also take a letter from your employer stating that you are a current employee and that you are expected back at work on a specified date.
Old Sep 1st 2002, 12:59 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mike:

I think legally you can be turned back when u enter the US. .....
No, not correct. They can turn you back if (immigration thinks) you are going to stay in the US. So long as you can prove that you are not staying, there is no legal impediment.