Reload this Page >

can i marry over in the states?

Wikiposts

can i marry over in the states?

Old Apr 24th 2003, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

tiddi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can i marry over in the states?

through delay's in annie's(usc) divorce certificate.....it meant that our reserved booking to get married in mid May in Scotland had to be cancelled. Now i'm travelling to the USA in mid May for 90 day visit...she has been told her certificate will hopefully come thro' around that time...as soon as she has it....then we are going to marry out in the states...........she's then going to file her I-130 petition through texas service centre and if approved...for me to eventually be interviewed at the london consulate. Will going over to the states and marrying on a waiver free harm my I-130 application or K3/129f to MSC.........and will marrying in the usa on a waiver free harm my final interview in london.......i know with spouse visa it says that your supposed to marry in the country of your foreign fiance.....

ooooohh!!....man united....real madrid where just too good in the end...
Old Apr 25th 2003, 12:00 am
unDAUNTEd

KissingtheBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: can i marry over in the states?

Originally posted by tiddi
through delay's in annie's(usc) divorce certificate.....it meant that our reserved booking to get married in mid May in Scotland had to be cancelled. Now i'm travelling to the USA in mid May for 90 day visit...she has been told her certificate will hopefully come thro' around that time...as soon as she has it....then we are going to marry out in the states...........she's then going to file her I-130 petition through texas service centre and if approved...for me to eventually be interviewed at the london consulate. Will going over to the states and marrying on a waiver free harm my I-130 application or K3/129f to MSC.........and will marrying in the usa on a waiver free harm my final interview in london.......i know with spouse visa it says that your supposed to marry in the country of your foreign fiance.....

Sorry Tiddi, can't answer your question about the marriage stuff (although I did marry on visa waiver - my husband never left after we got hitched), but I do want to reply and say that I am married to a very loyal United fan who would definitely agree with you...

Manchester United ARE the best.

He is also from Manchester and lives and dies by them.

Just wanted to say hello, bump your thread up and wish you well.

Cheers,

Angela
Old Apr 25th 2003, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Manchester United I'm not worthy.............and the best news, Man Utd are touring the USA in the 2003/2004 pre season tour, look out for your ticket master venues !!!!!

What was the question ? oh no if you return after marriage it will not harm your interview, don't worry.

Rob
Old Apr 25th 2003, 12:41 am
unDAUNTEd

Originally posted by robclews
Manchester United I'm not worthy.............and the best news, Man Utd are touring the USA in the 2003/2004 pre season tour, look out for your ticket master venues !!!!!

Why, oh why, did they have to pick dates that are right when our baby is due??

I have the cutest little ManUtd outfit for her - too bad she won't be here yet!!

Ang
Old Apr 25th 2003, 1:14 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you can enter the US and marry since you are planning on leaving the US and returning to your country to wait out the K-3. Bring proof to show you will be returning if you are asked for it. No it will not harm your I-130 at all.

Curious why you made the statement ".......i know with spouse visa it says that your supposed to marry in the country of your foreign fiance....." Is that actually written somewhere and no one else has ever pointed this out?

My one big question is that the K-3 requires the beneficiary to interview in the country they were married in. If you marry within the US, does that mean that they require that you interview in the US?

Rete
Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:16 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
Yes you can enter the US and marry since you are planning on leaving the US and returning to your country to wait out the K-3. Bring proof to show you will be returning if you are asked for it. No it will not harm your I-130 at all.

Curious why you made the statement ".......i know with spouse visa it says that your supposed to marry in the country of your foreign fiance....." Is that actually written somewhere and no one else has ever pointed this out?

My one big question is that the K-3 requires the beneficiary to interview in the country they were married in. If you marry within the US, does that mean that they require that you interview in the US?

Rete
No Rete, Steve and I got married here and his K3 interview will be in London. The K3 thingie states that the interview is held in the country that the non USC is STILL a resident of.
Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:47 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cindyabs
No Rete, Steve and I got married here and his K3 interview will be in London. The K3 thingie states that the interview is held in the country that the non USC is STILL a resident of.
Thanks Cindy. With a minimum of research (under 3 minutes) I found the actual BCIS wording that I was looking for:

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/...hdiknonimm.htm

Who is Eligible?
A person may receive a K-3 visa if that person:
„h has concluded a valid marriage with a citizen of the United States;

„h has a relative petition (Form I-130) filed by the U.S. citizen spouse for the person;

„h seeks to enter the United States to await the approval of the petition and subsequent lawful permanent resident status, and,

„h has an approved Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance,
forwarded to the American consulate abroad where the alien wishes to apply for the K-3/K-4 visa. The consulate must be in the country in which the marriage to the U.S. citizen took place if the United States has a consulate which issues immigrant visas in that country. If the marriage took place in the United States, the designated consulate is the one with jurisdiction over the current residence of the alien spouse,
Old Apr 25th 2003, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

kissingthebrit.......you married in the usa why your fiance was on a waiver free.......and he just stayed there once hitched......how did he do that........is that not illegal?
anyway...illegal or legal....your husband has good taste when it comes to supporting the biggest team in the world.....what a team!!!.......better than that liverpool scouse scum...lol
`are you watching merseyside!!!!'
by the way....me and annie met on a footy site....she loves liverpool....i hate them......and annie hates manU....so you can see what sort of marriage it's gonna be.......full of fun!!!!loads of fun!!!!her mom likes newcastle united......so when we all get together in front of the TV on match day over in the states we wear our team shirts and heckle the other...........fun???.....you bet!!!

Last edited by tiddi; Apr 25th 2003 at 7:31 am.
Old Apr 25th 2003, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

yep robclews...me and annie already looked into tickets for the game at philidelphia....i'll be over there when they play.....can't miss that one.......Manchester United V Barcalona.......ooooohhhhhh!!!!
Old Apr 25th 2003, 8:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

kissingthebrit.......you married in the usa why your fiance was on a waiver free.......and he just stayed there once hitched......how did he do that........is that not illegal?
Actually, what they did is NOT illegal, but you have to read to know why

PS: it's too late for you, sorry
Old Apr 25th 2003, 8:38 am
unDAUNTEd

anyway...illegal or legal....your husband has good taste when it comes to supporting the biggest team in the world.....what a team!!!.......better than that liverpool scouse scum...lol
`are you watching merseyside!!!!'
by the way....me and annie met on a footy site....she loves liverpool....i hate them......and annie hates manU....so you can see what sort of marriage it's gonna be.......full of fun!!!!loads of fun!!!!her mom likes newcastle united......so when we all get together in front of the TV on match day over in the states we wear our team shirts and heckle the other...........fun???.....you bet!!!

Hi Tiddi,

It's unfortunate, Dave gets to see so few games here...they don't play many. He did get to watch ManU/Real Madrid this past Wednesday, but it wasn't really the outcome he was looking for. I am trying to save up the money to get satellite, which would allow him access to more games, but it is very expensive. He doesn't care though - loves them either way!!!

The whole marriage on visa waiver thing has been discussed on here before, a zillion times since I joined and probably a zillion times BEFORE I joined. *lol* The best way to learn about it would be to search for "visa waiver marriage" or something like that. One thread to start:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+on+via+waiver

...and there are quite a few more like it.

Basically, Dave came here as a visitor with no intention of marrying me. Heavens, we had never met...but lo and behold, things happened and we ended up hitched. The BCIS makes concessions for this...you just don't want to be monkeying around and coming here on a VW knowing you're going to adjust status whilst here. They frown on this.

Well, I am off for the weekend (YAY!) - work has been soul-wearying today. Have a peaceful weekend!

Angela
Old Apr 25th 2003, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by KissingtheBrit
Hi Tiddi,

It's unfortunate, Dave gets to see so few games here...they don't play many. He did get to watch ManU/Real Madrid this past Wednesday, but it wasn't really the outcome he was looking for. I am trying to save up the money to get satellite, which would allow him access to more games, but it is very expensive. He doesn't care though - loves them either way!!!

The whole marriage on visa waiver thing has been discussed on here before, a zillion times since I joined and probably a zillion times BEFORE I joined. *lol* The best way to learn about it would be to search for "visa waiver marriage" or something like that. One thread to start:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+on+via+waiver

...and there are quite a few more like it.

Basically, Dave came here as a visitor with no intention of marrying me. Heavens, we had never met...but lo and behold, things happened and we ended up hitched. The BCIS makes concessions for this...you just don't want to be monkeying around and coming here on a VW knowing you're going to adjust status whilst here. They frown on this.

Well, I am off for the weekend (YAY!) - work has been soul-wearying today. Have a peaceful weekend!

Angela
Try this link............

http://www.ultimatesportsdreams.com/..._u_america.htm
Old Apr 25th 2003, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Tracy and Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

[Will going over to the states and marrying on a waiver free harm my I-130 application or K3/129f to MSC.........and will marrying in the usa on a waiver free harm my final interview in london.......i know with spouse visa it says that your supposed to marry in the country of your foreign fiance.....
I don't know about the K3 but my husband came down here for our wedding and then went back to Canada while the I-130 was processed and didn't have a problem.

One thing to watch out for - bring LOTS of proof that you will be going back to the UK. Lease, letter from your employer, etc. ou don't want to run the risk of being turned away at the POE if they ask "Are you planning on getting married while you are here?"
Old Apr 26th 2003, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

yes...i'm going over getting married and i do intend to go legal(interview back in london for my K3 visa)....but if POE asks am i getting married....i'll tell them no....or they will deny me entry if i say yes i'm getting married why i'm on a visit..................i thought about getting a letter from my present employers....trouble is i handed in my notice....but the boss said he would say i work on a contract type basis if POE needed to contact him about me...(as a favour)....and my 6 monthly lease is up this May on the flat(appartment).......but i do plan on comming back to the UK and living at mom's and getting a small part time job why i wait for my interview in london........but how do i prove to POE that i am doing what i say i am.......comming back after my 90 day stay....it don't look good.....gave up my crappy job and finished my appartment........there must be other things i can show them to prove i'm comming back......any ideas???
Old Apr 26th 2003, 10:30 am
Mrtravel

tiddi wrote:
    > yes...i'm going over getting married and i do intend to go
    > legal(interview back in london for my K3 visa)....but if POE asks am i
    > getting married....i'll tell them no....or they will deny me entry if i
    > say yes i'm getting married why i'm on a visit..................i
    > thought about getting a letter from my present employers....trouble is
    > i handed in my notice....but the boss said he would say i work on a
    > contract type basis if POE needed to contact him about me...(as a
    > favour)..

That favor could turn out to be more trouble than it is worth.
Do NOT LIE at the POE, especially about your employment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.