I-485
I-693
ADIT pictures
I-864
I-765
I-94 copy

Old Aug 5th 2003, 8:27 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I mail them all together?

Originally posted by Newlywed
Hi, all

I am wondering if someone can tell me if I can mail all these forms
and surporting materials together or I have to mail them out through
stages, if so, please advise each stage the forms needed to be mail
out.
Forms Listed:
I-13o
citizenship certificate
G-325a
I-485
I-693
ADIT pictures
I-864
I-765
I-94 copy
Why would you think they would have to be independently filed from one another. The I-485 cannot be filed without the I-13 0 if you are adjusting status from something other than a K visa. So there goes two in the same envelope. Since the I485 requires an I-864 in order to be accepted, add document number 3. And while you are at it, forms I-130 and I-485 require G-325A bios so guess those documents go into the envelope, too. And since you can only qualify for an I-765 if you have filed for AOS, guess you need to include that in the envelope with the AOS (I-485) as your proof that you are qualified to get an EAD. As for the ADIT photos, Medical, I-94 copy, Marriage certificate, certificate of naturalization, etc. since they are all proof asked for by the various applications/petitions you have completed and filing, guess you ought to include them in the envelope as well.

Rete
Old Aug 5th 2003, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point

Newlywed,

If you read through this forum under search you will find how to submit your form. But to answer your question, YES submit all in one big envelope. But separate each application as an individual such as:-

I-485 with their own attachments
I-765 with their own attachments
I-130 with their own attachments
I-864 with their own attachments
I-693 (in sealed envelope, do not open)
G-325A one set each (4 pages) for you and spouse

Clip the forms then bind everything together with rubber band. Do not staple.

Outside your envelope on the right top write "original submission for forms (all the above)."

Put all the checks on top of the forms. Make sure its correct amount, do not forget to SIGN it. DO NOT FORGET fingerprint fees of $50.00.

Send by certified return mail. And lastly photocopy all your forms so that you have one copy in case any emergency occurred.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 10:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rzack
Send by certified return mail. And lastly photocopy all your forms so that you have one copy in case any emergency occurred.
And for God's sake, plese don't send original documents; send photocopies.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Talking about ORIGINAL DOCUMENT, I have a friend that I knew from other forum, I don't know what was she thinking about that time, she posted her PASSPORT in mail to SS office for SS number!!!!! I almost screamed at her. Guess what, the SS Office misplaced her passport and she just soooooo lucky they found it after 3 months! And luckily they are nice enough to post it back. Geshhhh....treat your passport as your own 'soul'! My government even not allowed us to post it by mail. In my country its not easy to get replacement, it could take years.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 12:53 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Talking about ORIGINAL DOCUMENT, I have a friend that I knew from other forum, I don't know what was she thinking about that time, she posted her PASSPORT in mail to SS office for SS number!!!!! I almost screamed at her. Guess what, the SS Office misplaced her passport and she just soooooo lucky they found it after 3 months! And luckily they are nice enough to post it back. Geshhhh....treat your passport as your own 'soul'! My government even not allowed us to post it by mail. In my country its not easy to get replacement, it could take years.

Actually you are wrong and your friend is correct. SSA will NOT change the name on the SS card unless the documentation is an original. They state so in their instructions and they do mail it back to you. As for the lost and found again issue, things like this happen and it would have been less stressing if she had used some other type of identification for the process.

Rete
Old Aug 6th 2003, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

I'm not talking what is wrong or right here....what I mean, why she must mail it, just go there, it only about 10 minutes drive. Its not like you have to take flight.

I know that they need to see the original documents, but oh well, I'm not going to give my 'life documents' to third party to deliver if I have another option. Like I said, walk in by herself.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 1:23 am
Erwin

Default Re: Can I mail them all together?

what about the AP form

Old Aug 6th 2003, 1:51 am
Concierge

I'm not talking what is wrong or right here....what I mean, why she must mail it, just go there, it only about 10 minutes drive. Its not like you have to take flight.

I know that they need to see the original documents, but oh well, I'm not going to give my 'life documents' to third party to deliver if I have another option. Like I said, walk in by herself.
Yes that is a better option but your post led me to believe that you thought originals were not required while they are.

Personally I don't consider a passport a life document. I have had to mail original documentation to the Social Security Office for name change, to the credit card companies for name change, to utilities for name change, to financial institutions for name change, to the passport office for name change, change the name on driver's license and auto registration, etc. A marriage certificate contains the same, if not more, information about you and would enable a theft to obtain original documentation on you for fraudulent purposes than a passport.

And btw not everyone has a ten minute drive to any government office and not everyone has the ability to take a day off from work to accomplish these things in person.

In what instance does an alien have to mail their passport to the social security administration. Initial application for a card must be done in person. Subsequent name change only requires the marriage certificate not a passport.

US Passports are quite easily obtained by mail and replaced the same way.

Rete
Old Aug 6th 2003, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

I see why you considered its okay to mail it. But in my country, if you lost your passport, it might take about months to get a new one and just imagine how hard it will be for me if I want to travel within the reapplication of the new passport, and also we have to pay high penalty for that. Not to mention police report, hassle for getting a new one and so on and on.

And just imagine if I lost my passport here, I cannot get in back to my country without it. Of course I can go to my consular here, but oh well...thats sooooo lots of work and headache. So I better be careful with it.

So you bet, I don't even let anyone touch my passport
Old Aug 6th 2003, 2:09 am
Concierge

I see why you considered its okay to mail it. But in my country, if you lost your passport, it might take about months to get a new one and just imagine how hard it will be for me if I want to travel within the reapplication of the new passport, and also we have to pay high penalty for that. Not to mention police report, hassle for getting a new one and so on and on.

And just imagine if I lost my passport here, I cannot get in back to my country without it. Of course I can go to my consular here, but oh well...thats sooooo lots of work and headache. So I better be careful with it.

So you bet, I don't even let anyone touch my passport
Hope you have a safe deposit box to put the passport in. It, at least, is one of the safest places for it to be from fire and theft.