Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Can CR1 visa converted into IR1 visa?

Wikiposts

Can CR1 visa converted into IR1 visa?

Old Jun 30th 2009, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

DENVERBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can CR1 visa converted into IR1 visa?

Hey guys
iam new here,
I recently got my CR1 visa valid for six months. Soon it will be 2 years of my wedding and i am planning to enter US after my 2 years of wedding date.
will my Cr1 visa converted into IR1 visa. or i will get 2 year green card and i have to lift conditions? later on.does this happened with anyone before?
im just confused..about this situtauion,.please help me,
thanks
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can CR1 visa converted into IR1 visa?

Originally Posted by DENVERBOY
will my Cr1 visa converted into IR1 visa.
Yes, it should be. Be sure to specifically mention to the officer that you have been married for more than 2 years.

... or i will get 2 year green card and i have to lift conditions?
On occasion, this happens... and there is nothing you can do about it except to submit the paperwork to lift the conditions 2 years later.

Either way, you are a US permanent resident with all the privileges and responsibilities that entails.

Ian
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:00 am
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute

If you enter after the second anniversary of your marriage and are still given conditional status, you can correct it by filing an I-90.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes, it should be. Be sure to specifically mention to the officer that you have been married for more than 2 years.

On occasion, this happens... and there is nothing you can do about it except to submit the paperwork to lift the conditions 2 years later.

Either way, you are a US permanent resident with all the privileges and responsibilities that entails.

Ian
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:28 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Ian on this one. I wouldn't leave the area until I was sure they stamped it as an IR1 in the passport and on the cover sheet of the brown envelope. Ask for a supervisor if you have to.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:39 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian

Have your wedding certificate handy so that you can prove upfront that you are past your anniversary.

While I realize the certificate is in the brown envelope, at least you can whip it out quickly to verify your declaration.