Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Can AOS interview be approved without I130 approved?

Wikiposts

Can AOS interview be approved without I130 approved?

Old Jun 30th 2005, 4:18 am
Just Joined

ak7d is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can AOS interview be approved without I130 approved?

Our AOS interview day is July 5th and we are getting ready for the interview. We have all the documents required and ready to go for the interview. However, his I130 has not yet been approved. I130's receipt date is May 20th, 04, which we submitted Feb. 26th, 04. Would this hinder the interview approval? Since we received the interview notice some time in May, 05, we decided not to renew I131 nor I765, which will expire in Aug, 05 and Spt, 05. If I dont get the stamp on my passport, I will have to renew both I131 and I765, which I may not receive in time. I know that we will find this out on Tuesday but if any of you have any ideas, please let us know. Thank you!
Old Jun 30th 2005, 4:36 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can AOS interview be approved without I130 approved?

Originally Posted by ak7d
Our AOS interview day is July 5th and we are getting ready for the interview. We have all the documents required and ready to go for the interview. However, his I130 has not yet been approved. I130's receipt date is May 20th, 04, which we submitted Feb. 26th, 04. Would this hinder the interview approval? Since we received the interview notice some time in May, 05, we decided not to renew I131 nor I765, which will expire in Aug, 05 and Spt, 05. If I dont get the stamp on my passport, I will have to renew both I131 and I765, which I may not receive in time. I know that we will find this out on Tuesday but if any of you have any ideas, please let us know. Thank you!

They will be adjudicated together at the interview.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 5:16 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

You do not need an I-130 approval. An I-140 or I-360 [which covers several immigrant classifications] can be used instead if you have them. However, you don't mention them at all.

If you want to continue on the existing I-130, it is likely that it will be adjudicated at the adjustment interview.

Good luck.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 8:55 am
Just Joined

No, I dont have I140 nor I360..But at least it is not a definate obstacle, it can be good or bad, I will worry about it as it comes. Thank you very much for your answers.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 8:00 am
Just Joined

I had an I-485 interview this morning. But it was more like an interview for I-130. Our I-130 was approved during the interview. So my worry about having the I-130 pending is gone :-)

The interviewer officer started with the oath. She asked me questions regarding the criminal background etc. and asked my hubby how we met. She also asked us to submit the proof of us living together (mortgage, utility, insurance) and our paystubs for the past 3 months. She informed us that she was waiting for the security clearance, which she said could take longer than a year and she needed some more info.

So now we are waiting for FBI background clearance and I need to resubmit the birth certificate since what Consulate General of Japan prepared for me was not good enough and I need to request to have an "original" written in Japanese to me and have it translated and notarized.

Meantime I will re-apply for I-765 just in case mine expires before FBI clearance goes through, which probably is more likely..

For some closure...

Last edited by ak7d; Jul 5th 2005 at 8:41 am.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 8:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some Offices do not do the Stamp any longer.

But you should have found out by now if yours does!.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Wink Re: Can AOS interview be approved without I130 approved?

I sure do.
No stamps but Im used to the process, hurry up and wait :-).

Last edited by ak7d; Jul 5th 2005 at 8:42 am.