Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Can anyone think what to do about this?

Can anyone think what to do about this?

Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can anyone think what to do about this?

When my husband filed his I-130 application for me, it got sent back to us with the reason they did not receive a cheque for the amount. We had sent a cheque, and thought it had gone missing so we cancelled the cheque and sent a new cheque along with the same application again.
Now, we have a problem because they think that we have 2 applications... they had given us a receipt number for the first time (before we received the application back) and the second time when they cashed the cheque!
The problem is, they don't seem to realise there is only one application pending, we have paid for it, they are demanding money for the original receipt number (the one on which the cheque got cancelled), so basically they want us to pay twice for one application!
WTF?!
Does anyone know what to do about this, because when we ring them, they say that we have to fax the cheque to them along with a bank statement as proof they have received payment, which we did, just for them to turn around and still demand the money!
We have paid and they wont listen, basically.
We can see it is a big misunderstanding, and that they are just going by information on the computer, but they don't seem to be doing much to rectify the problem!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can anyone think what to do about this?

Originally Posted by Emma M
When my husband filed his I-130 application for me, it got sent back to us with the reason they did not receive a cheque for the amount. We had sent a cheque, and thought it had gone missing so we cancelled the cheque and sent a new cheque along with the same application again.
Now, we have a problem because they think that we have 2 applications... they had given us a receipt number for the first time (before we received the application back) and the second time when they cashed the cheque!
The problem is, they don't seem to realise there is only one application pending, we have paid for it, they are demanding money for the original receipt number (the one on which the cheque got cancelled), so basically they want us to pay twice for one application!
WTF?!
Does anyone know what to do about this, because when we ring them, they say that we have to fax the cheque to them along with a bank statement as proof they have received payment, which we did, just for them to turn around and still demand the money!
We can see it is a big misunderstanding, and that they are just going by information on the computer, but they don't seem to be doing much to rectify the problem!
Hi:

What is the problem? I just received a rejected filing from the Board of Immigration Appeals today due to failure to include the filing fee. The cover page still has the staple and small paper of the check! In addition, they didn't return the check. Thank G-d it was not a time sensitive filing.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:27 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

http://dole.senate.gov/index.cfm?Fus...ic&topic_id=12
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:43 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

WTF?!
Stop ringing them. Utterly pointless - phones manned by ^@%&ers.

Make an Infopass appointment and speak to a real human.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 4:40 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Stop ringing them. Utterly pointless - phones manned by ^@%&ers.

Make an Infopass appointment and speak to a real human.
Elvira is right the 1800 folk have not got a clue and even that would be giving them credit....Info ASAP.

I have heard to many of these 1800 folk say to me "this is what you must do" "what I am telling you is right" BOLLOX