Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Can Anyone shed any light...???

Wikiposts

Can Anyone shed any light...???

Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:38 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Anyone shed any light...???

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I think Boiler was referring to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonw...(United_States)

~ Jenney

As I thought being a paralegal, the US is not a commonwealth but some individual states are, i.e. VA, etc.

From FB's post, I took his use of commonwealth to indicate the commonweath government of the UK; not the commonwealth government of the federal government of the US.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:32 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Of course, don't you see my crown and specter?
Damn typos... you meant "scepter", right? A "specter" is something totally different... something kind of... y'know... creepy!

Ian
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:34 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Damn typos... you meant "scepter", right? A "specter" is something totally different... something kind of... y'know... creepy!

Ian
BOO!

~SG
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

A government paying people to procreate and increase their future tax revenues. Just the opposite of say China who pays couples NOT to have child.

FWIW, I wasn't knocking the OP for receiving benefits but rather attempting to explain what I understand of benefits in the UK. While I find it strange, as I noted in a more recent post to FB, it is not unlike a parent receiving an additional tax credit allowance on their annual filing with the federal government. While it is not as great an amount as in the UK, it is similar but instead of monthly it is paid annually and the amount is determined by the filer's annual income.
Sounds like the OP was on the full range of bene's, Family Allowance is one small part and is not the contentious one.

I think it is about $35 a week.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:32 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
Not as frightening as SPECTRE, though...
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

As I thought being a paralegal, the US is not a commonwealth but some individual states are, i.e. VA, etc.

From FB's post, I took his use of commonwealth to indicate the commonweath government of the UK; not the commonwealth government of the federal government of the US.
UK is not a Commonwealth. Well not since the Civil War. And that pre dates the UK.

The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of independent states, nearly all of which were once British territories. There are 54 members.
The Commonwealth represents a combined population of 1.7 billion people The organisation promotes democracy, the rule of law, good governance and human rights, as well as economic and social development. Comprising nearly one-third of the world's countries, it represents a combined population of 1.7 billion people.

The Queen is Head of the Commonwealth and is Head of State in the UK and 15 other member countries. The Commonwealth Secretariat, based in London, is the main intergovernmental agency of the Commonwealth. It helps host governments to organise Commonwealth Heads of Government Meetings (CHOGM), which take place every two years.

It also helps organise ministerial meetings and other conferences. It administers assistance programmes agreed at these meetings, including those of the Commonwealth Fund for Technical Co-operation, which provides expertise, advisory services and training to Commonwealth developing countries.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:09 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

FB deliberately wrote common wealth.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 1:31 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ian

Actually I am rather creepy ... thanks for the laugh this morning, Ian. Not much fun the last two days with storms, flooding, airports, NYC's explosive underground steam pipe, etc.