Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Called NVC - Was told we have to wait 90 DAYS before they will investigate I-129F

Wikiposts

Called NVC - Was told we have to wait 90 DAYS before they will investigate I-129F

Old Mar 24th 2003, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

good point. removed.
Old Mar 24th 2003, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

goya0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

The thought of waiting another 90 or so days should bring comfort to those of us who have already waited for 150+ days.

I don't know what they are thinking at BCIS.
Old Mar 24th 2003, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

are you wishing us bad luck or something?
Old Mar 24th 2003, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm being sarcastic as I really hate all this process. I don't see why we should have to wait so long just to bring over a spouse or a fiance.

Why would I wish anyone bad luck? When I'm in the same boat?
Old Mar 24th 2003, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

good deal. I know, it totally sucks! Everyone there seems to not care. When you add up independent 'not caring' people, then it results in them actually violating procedure. Which they are.
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:08 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I really think that the 90 day figure is a CYA one. It doesn't seem to really be an issue about the processing times there at NVC. In fact it seems that they usually are running less than their projected time on that. The stumbling block when there is one, is how, how long or if the files get to the appropriate embassy or consulate. I don't know, considering how many apps of how many types they handle, NVC doesn't seem to be doing too bad.
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by goya0002
The thought of waiting another 90 or so days should bring comfort to those of us who have already waited for 150+ days.

I don't know what they are thinking at BCIS.
90 days before you can inquire about what BCIS has confirmed is the *ministerial* step of entering data into a computer and forwarding documents to a consulate, with no additional work of any kind by their own admission -- that used to be handled directly by the service center.

And people actually thought this new process would save time? I guess I've not been around long enough - because I'm at a loss to see how. /sigh
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Okay, then someone please tell me the projected time frame for the following 3 things:

Time frame for the BCIS center to get our app to NVC.

Time frame for NVC to process our app.

Time frame for NVC to get our app to the appropriate embassy.

Thanks much
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Jana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (edited) Called NVC - Was told wait 90 DAYS before they will investigate I-129F

Ange,

Sorry I keep missing you on MSN. I just spoke with the lady at NVC and she told me that my petition has been forwarded to the Montreal Consulate on March 20, 2003 (15 days after approval).

For your records, I received two notices and the only difference was that one had the consulate name listed with a March 5, 2003 date and the other had a March 4, 2003 date with no consulate listed.

Good luck Ange! I really hope things go well for you and if you need any more details from me please do not hesitate to ask.

Jana
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Jana,

This might be a dumb question. But why did you fax your approval to NVC? Isn't that being done your your service center? And what number did you fax it too? And what information did you provide with it?

And do you think that your faxing it yourself helped in the process? Is the NVC expecting us to fax it to them or will this be a surprise?

Thanks
Just Joined

Terry@TN. is an unknown quantity at this point

I called the NVC today and they told me they haven't received my petition from TSC. They said it would be 90 days until they sent me anything. It has been almost two weeks that TSC was suppose to have sent it to them. Ange if you hear anything please let me know. Thanks, Terry
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: (edited) Called NVC - Was told wait 90 DAYS before they will investigate I-129F

Originally posted by Jana
Ange,

Sorry I keep missing you on MSN. I just spoke with the lady at NVC and she told me that my petition has been forwarded to the Montreal Consulate on March 20, 2003 (15 days after approval).

For your records, I received two notices and the only difference was that one had the consulate name listed with a March 5, 2003 date and the other had a March 4, 2003 date with no consulate listed.

Good luck Ange! I really hope things go well for you and if you need any more details from me please do not hesitate to ask.

Jana

when did they 'receive your application'?

and to answer the other Q from someone. It is 2-4 weeks after they receive it to send. They then send via DHL (a company) which takes 10 days to get to the overseas consulate (transit time).

-Steve

PS the delay is them receiving it from the BCIS.
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

I think I know why there was two notices sent to people. It is because they were re-doing the forms and they made a mistake on the first, and reprinted it correctly... to send you their finalized version... they must have changed it shortly after they sent the first one out. Here is an image of the old approval notice. Note that the embassy is listed on this one, where it seems new ones do not have this. Also note, that one of the duplicates people recieved had an embassy, the other didn't. And finally note that the people who got these were the first approved after the BCIS switch over. I think that this may be why.

http://k1.exit.com/approval.jpg
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:24 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by goya0002
Okay, then someone please tell me the projected time frame for the following 3 things:

Time frame for the BCIS center to get our app to NVC.

Time frame for NVC to process our app.

Time frame for NVC to get our app to the appropriate embassy.

Thanks much
Then only one I would address is Question 2 and that is based on a posting I saw in the K3 thread some weeks ago. A poster there had contacted NVC and was told that the normal processing time (entering the info from the SC) was 4-6 weeks but that they were doing it in 2 weeks at that time, possibly even less. The other two questions I think are variables, depends on which SC you're dealing with for Question 2 and which Embasssy you're dealing with for Question 3. Perhaps on Question 3, the emphasis might not be so much as how long it takes NVC to send to them, but based on comments previous posters have made, it's WHEN the embassy gets round to it..........
Old Mar 24th 2003, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Someone please post the number to call the NVC........I was approved the same day as Ange and I want to see what they tell me. TIA

Cheers,

Leslie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.