call me useless but...

Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond repute
Default call me useless but...

...please could someone direct me to a hopefully* quick guide on what earnings my partner will need to adequately sponsor myself and two boys, in a K1 / CR1 application? thanks
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: call me useless but...

Originally Posted by Madelina
...please could someone direct me to a hopefully* quick guide on what earnings my partner will need to adequately sponsor myself and two boys, in a K1 / CR1 application? thanks
Bookmarked the USCIS.gov website

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf

Family of 4 $27,562

Last edited by Rete; Oct 5th 2009 at 2:13 pm. Reason: Fixed the money typo.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Family of 4 $26,562
Make that $27,562.

Ian
Old Oct 5th 2009, 2:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Be aware that for a K-1 visa, Form I-134 is used for the Affidavit of Support.

The CR-1 Immigrant Visa uses Form I-864.

If you go with a K-1 visa, the I-864 will be used as the Affidavit of Support during your adjustment of status once inside the USA and married.

The I-864P is a guideline to the requirements for the I-864. The I-134 can be a bit more lenient.

Rene
Old Oct 5th 2009, 2:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Make that $27,562.

Ian

Typo ... sorry I will correct that immediately.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:16 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

M,

Which is it? K1 or immigrant visa? Two very different things.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Madelina
...please could someone direct me to a hopefully* quick guide on what earnings my partner will need to adequately sponsor myself and two boys, in a K1 / CR1 application?
Old Oct 5th 2009, 4:14 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
M,

Which is it? K1 or immigrant visa? Two very different things.

Regards, JEff

Not in regards to income requirements. Regardless of whether it is the K visa and later the I-485 or the K visa and later the CR-1, for both the I-134 and I-864 he needs to earn 125% of the poverty guidelines for the appropriate size family.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 4:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Not in regards to income requirements. Regardless of whether it is the K visa and later the I-485 or the K visa and later the CR-1, for both the I-134 and I-864 he needs to earn 125% of the poverty guidelines for the appropriate size family.
I believe the ConOff can be more flexible with the I-134 requirements...it doesn't have to be the 125% income level, but that's a good goal to try to meet, just to be on the safe side.

Rene
Old Oct 5th 2009, 4:56 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

The following is from 9 FAM 40.41 (Public Charge) Notes, N4.6-3 Use of Form I-134, Affidavit of Support. I have added the emphasis to certain portions of the quoted text:

b. If any of the following applicants need an Affidavit of Support to meet the public charge requirement, they must use Form I-134, as they are not authorized to use Form I-864:
(1) The self-petitioning spouse of a deceased U.S. citizen, and any
children there from (see INA 204(a)(1)(A)(ii));
(2) The self-petitioning spouse of a U.S. citizen, and any children there
from, who has been battered by or subjected to extreme cruelty
perpetrated by the spouse (see INA 204(a)(1)(A)(iii) and (iv));
(3) Returning resident aliens;
(4) Diversity visa applicants; and
(5) Fiancé(e)s.
c. The simple submission of Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, however, is
not sufficient to establish that the beneficiary is not likely to become a
public charge. Although the income requirements of Form I-864, Affidavit
of Support Under Section 213A of the Act, do not apply in such cases
(e.g., the 125 percent minimum income)
, you must make a thorough
evaluation of other factors

Regards, JEff

Old Oct 5th 2009, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Make that $27,562.

Ian
Awesome - i believe his earnings are plenty to cover that. Thanks everyone!!!
Old Oct 5th 2009, 11:59 pm
Concierge

And your point is?????????????????????????????????????????????

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Rete,

The following is from 9 FAM 40.41 (Public Charge) Notes, N4.6-3 Use of Form I-134, Affidavit of Support. I have added the emphasis to certain portions of the quoted text:

b. If any of the following applicants need an Affidavit of Support to meet the public charge requirement, they must use Form I-134, as they are not authorized to use Form I-864:
(1) The self-petitioning spouse of a deceased U.S. citizen, and any
children there from (see INA 204(a)(1)(A)(ii));
(2) The self-petitioning spouse of a U.S. citizen, and any children there
from, who has been battered by or subjected to extreme cruelty
perpetrated by the spouse (see INA 204(a)(1)(A)(iii) and (iv));
(3) Returning resident aliens;
(4) Diversity visa applicants; and
(5) Fiancé(e)s.
c. The simple submission of Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, however, is
not sufficient to establish that the beneficiary is not likely to become a
public charge. Although the income requirements of Form I-864, Affidavit
of Support Under Section 213A of the Act, do not apply in such cases
(e.g., the 125 percent minimum income), you must make a thorough
evaluation of other factors

Regards, JEff
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:33 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

But the actual number might be different if they plan on living (once she enters) in Alaska or Hawaii. And do we know if the sponsor is on active duty in the armed forces?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 1:33 am

Forget already what you wrote in your post #7 in this thread?

Regards, JEff

And your point is?????????????????????????????????????????????