Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

British lady about to marry U.S Citizen

British lady about to marry U.S Citizen

Old Aug 28th 2002, 1:39 pm
Blackukgal

Default British lady about to marry U.S Citizen

I wonder if anyone can give me some help, iam British lady about to marry a U.S
citizen who lives in Texas, my worry is do i go in as a tourist and get married and
then apply for the visa while there or do i come back to England and then apply for a
visa here after marrying in the U.S?

Please any feed back would be appreciated,

Thank you.

Old Aug 28th 2002, 7:52 pm
Mrtravel

Default Re: British lady about to marry U.S Citizen

If you know in advance that you are getting married and plan to immigrate to the US,
then you should file for a K-1 visa. However, if you happen to visit the US and get
married,that is a different story.

It really depends on what you are asked by INS when you enter the US. If for instance
you say "I am getting married, but will go back to Britain and wait for a visa", they
may not believe you.

On entering, if they ask if you have a job and you had quit it to move to the US,
that might be a problem. If you say you don't have a job, they might not let you in.
If you say you have a job, but don't, then that could be fraud. DO NOT LIE to them.

Blackukgal wrote:
    > I wonder if anyone can give me some help, iam British lady about to marry a U.S
    > citizen who lives in Texas, my worry is do i go in as a tourist and get married and
    > then apply for the visa while there or do i come back to England and then apply for
    > a visa here after marrying in the U.S?
    > Please any feed back would be appreciated,
    > Thank you.