Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

British Citizen Moving To Florida

Wikiposts

British Citizen Moving To Florida

Old Sep 18th 2015, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

babypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Citizen Moving To Florida

So we've had our twin boys, they are now 8 weeks old.

Does anybody know, for both myself and my boys, if we require vaccinations to be able to move over to the USA?

Thank you
Old Sep 18th 2015, 8:06 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babypleasedontgo

Does anybody know, for both myself and my boys, if we require vaccinations to be able to move over to the USA? .....
A medical, including review of your vaccination history and/or addtional vaccinations, is required as part of the visa process.

Assuming you wife can transmit US citizenship to your children, they are already US citizens and only need US passports to enter the US. I.e. they don't need medicals or vaccinations for the purpose of entering the US. ..... Of course it makes good sense for your children to have the routine vaccinations as recommended by their doctor/pediatrician.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 18th 2015 at 9:00 am.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody know, for both myself and my boys, if we require vaccinations to be able to move over to the USA?

Thank you
Congratulations!

Now that several diseases such as measles and pertussis are making a comeback both in the US and the UK it is highly recommended that you follow the standard recommended newborn vaccination schedule.

Adult boosters for pertussis and MMR are also recommended.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

babypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond reputebabypleasedontgo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we are about to apply for their USA passports. Okay thanks for the information. I just wanted to know if there were any mandatory vaccinations in order to move to the USA (required as part of processing) for the boys, that was my main question.

Are any vaccinations mandatory for me? Do I need certain ones in the last 5, 10, 15 years etc?

Last edited by babypleasedontgo; Sep 18th 2015 at 8:58 am.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 9:03 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... Are any vaccinations mandatory for me? Do I need certain ones in the last 5, 10, 15 years etc?
Yes, it's part of your visa medical. All and any vaccination records will reduce the number of vaccinations you will need.

It really isn't much to worry about, just take what records you have to your medical. The doctor will review them, then give you any that you appear to be missing.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 9:18 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to know if there were any mandatory vaccinations in order to move to the USA (required as part of processing) for the boys, that was my main question.
No. Your boys are US citizens... they don't need any immigration vaccinations.

Are any vaccinations mandatory for me?
Yes. Check the CDC website for a list of age-appropriate vaccinations.

Ian