BornFreeish's Question on Travel after filing I-751

Wikiposts

BornFreeish's Question on Travel after filing I-751

Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:39 am
Banned

BornFreeish is on a distinguished road
Default BornFreeish's Question on Travel after filing I-751

Hi all,

First of all thank you all for posting lots of very useful and relevant information. I am coming up to the 90 day reapplication window for a 10 year green card. My question is, will I be able to travel outiside of the US during the expiration period between my current 2 year green card and the receipt of a 10 year green card ? I would be travelling to the UK on vacation.

Thank you for your help and patience, I did try searching on this point but couldnt find anything.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green Card Renewal vs. Citizenship

Originally Posted by BornFreeish
Hi all,

First of all thank you all for posting lots of very useful and relevant information. I am coming up to the 90 day reapplication window for a 10 year green card. My question is, will I be able to travel outiside of the US during the expiration period between my current 2 year green card and the receipt of a 10 year green card ? I would be travelling to the UK on vacation.

Thank you for your help and patience, I did try searching on this point but couldnt find anything.
I don't know, but someone will be along who does I'm sure.

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:17 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Tracym
I don't know, but someone will be along who does I'm sure.

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum.
Thank you very much, Hi.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

You receipt extends your status for 12 months.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:28 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My question is, will I be able to travel outiside of the US during the expiration period between my current 2 year green card and the receipt of a 10 year green card ?
It sounds as though you are submitting form I-751 and that you are married to a USC. If so, you will receive a letter from USCIS indicating that your status has been extended for one year. Your expired GC + this letter = valid travel documents.

Ian
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I am coming up to the 90 day reapplication window for a 10 year green card.
It's not actually a reapplication. It's a NEW application, done by filing form I-751 to remove the conditions from your PR status, which results in a 10-year green card for you.

Ian told you what documents you need in order to travel. Expired green card plus the 1-year extension letter you will receive after filing the I-751.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

p.s. - I created a new thread for you, since your question is not related to citizenship.

Rene
Old Dec 14th 2007, 12:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Noorah101
p.s. - I created a new thread for you, since your question is not related to citizenship.

Rene
Thank you Noorah and Ian.