Wikiposts

birth certificate

Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:50 am
Just Joined

timetogo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default birth certificate

I am currently filling in a K1 Visa application form and it asks for copy of birth certificate. We only have a copy of the front (it asks for the front and back), the back of the birth certificate has nothing written on it, it's just blank (i know this but can't get hold of the copy for another week). Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Will my form be delayed, so it's just worth waiting the extra week. Do you think they won't mind as there is no information on the back pof the certificate? I'm thinking about speed here. I can wait for the back copy, it's just going to delay me a week.

Thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 11:11 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: birth certificate

Originally Posted by timetogo
We only have a copy of the front (it asks for the front and back)...
I'm pretty sure that requirement is only for the US citizen's proof of birth in the US. If you are not the US citizen, then your USC fiance should be the one filling out the form - and the birth certificate requirement is his, not yours.

Ian
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:36 am
Just Joined

sorry, i didn't make it clear, i am in the States filling out his part of the form and getting the bits and pieces together - for him.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 1:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, i didn't make it clear...
And it still is not clear. Who is the USC? You... or him? What form, exactly, are you filling out? If you're filling out an I-129F, that is *not* a visa application... it is a "petition". Once the petition is approved, the non-USC applies for the visa. You really need to be clear about what you're doing.

Ian
Old Nov 7th 2007, 9:22 am
Just Joined

My finace is the USC. I (UKC currently in the States) am filling out the I - 129F petition for him and need to send a copy of his birth certificate.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 9:50 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

the birth cert should say where he was born if born in the US, that's all you need.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 9:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Better a delay to include what you know is needed than set yourself up foe additional delay down the road when they have to issue an 'RFE' for the case.

Does Mister USC not have a passport? That is an acceptable proof of citizenship.
D. In place of any of the above, you may give USCIS acopy of your valid, unexpired U.S. passport issued witha validity period of at least five years. You mustsubmit copies of all pages in the passport.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

lofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meauxna
Does Mister USC not have a passport? That is an acceptable proof of citizenship.
D. In place of any of the above, you may give USCIS acopy of your valid, unexpired U.S. passport issued witha validity period of at least five years. You mustsubmit copies of all pages in the passport.
Indeed. My fiancee couldn't find her birth certificate at all, so just included a copy of her passport, which was accepted without a hitch. Just make sure you copy every page. Then where I-129F asks for birth certificate number, she just put her passport number.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

For the actual K-1 part, I believe the UKC will need a long-form birth certificate.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:49 am
Just Joined

I am a UKC and have my long form birth certificate so that shouldn't be a problem.

My USC finace does have a passport, but I thought it had to be 5 years vaild - as in 5 years left on the passport, before it has to be renewed, thats why I didn't use it. Have I read this incorrectly? Does it mean the passport has to be a 5 year (or over) passport as long as it's still valid and it doesn't matter how much time is left on it?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

I am a UKC and have my long form birth certificate so that shouldn't be a problem.

My USC finace does have a passport, but I thought it had to be 5 years vaild - as in 5 years left on the passport, before it has to be renewed, thats why I didn't use it. Have I read this incorrectly? Does it mean the passport has to be a 5 year (or over) passport as long as it's still valid and it doesn't matter how much time is left on it?
Noone asked me how long mine was valid for (I'm the USC). But it is quite current.

Can you give me a link to where you read that?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

"valid, unexpired U.S. passport issued with a validity period of at least five years".

'issued with' is the important part. Adults' passports are issued for 10 years' validity.

It does not matter how much time is left on it before expiration.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, passport it is!