Wikiposts

Biometrics Tomorrow!

Old Mar 17th 2009, 4:49 am
Rosie

goteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to all
Default Biometrics Tomorrow!

Hey guys

Just hoping to get a quick idea of what the biometrics appointment should be like ... I think basically it would be fair to say I'm nervous and hoping to be made to relax!!

Thanks x
Old Mar 17th 2009, 4:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics Tomorrow!

Originally Posted by goteamrosie
Hey guys

Just hoping to get a quick idea of what the biometrics appointment should be like ... I think basically it would be fair to say I'm nervous and hoping to be made to relax!!

Thanks x
Depending on what it's for, they either do:

1. A digital scan of all 10 fingerprints; or
2. A digital scan of 1 fingerprint plus a photo.

Absolutely nothing to worry about.

Rene
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:02 am
Rosie

goteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Depending on what it's for, they either do:

1. A digital scan of all 10 fingerprints; or
2. A digital scan of 1 fingerprint plus a photo.

Absolutely nothing to worry about.

Rene
Thanks that's a great relief!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goteamrosie
Hey guys

Thanks x
I've been to several at 2 different locations. They all went like this:

Turned up about 15 mins early.
Approached reception desk where a security guard asked to see appointment letter and ID, then handed me a form on a clipboard with a pen attached and asked me to fill it out.
Guard also asked if I had a cellphone (you shouldn't but if you do they just tell you to turn it off) or any recording devices or a camera.
Filled out form (name, address, A#, what you are there for etc.) and handed it back to guard. They checked it over and then sent me to another desk.
At the second desk the guy checked my appointment notice, ID and the notice again, stamped the notice and the form I just filled out, and gave me a number. He pointed to a waiting area and told me to wait for my number to be called.

Waited about 30 - 40 minutes for my number to be called. The person that called it took the form from me and walked me over to the biometrics station. They took prints electronically from all four fingers (ie. not the thumb) on each hand together, then each finger and thumb separately. Then they took a photo. They entered my info into the computer and asked me to double check all the details on the screen. Then I was free to go.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:00 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

lies lies lies, they asked me which hand they could keep and proceeded to administer a general anesthetic before removing my left hand, they then locked me in a room for ten hours while they ran my DNA through Interpol's database They then probed into my background leaving me with a 'funny 'walk' and the need to go to the toilet.

You'll be fine. I was nervous before mine. Just smile and remember that these pictures will be used on your EAD and Green card if you're getting them
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:34 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

From my Blog:

I drove to Charleston for my 9:00 appointment. The building itself is really small by comparison to the office in Louisville - only one floor. There was an armed guard at the front desk who asked why I was there, wanted to see my appointment letter, and asked that I sign the log book and show him some photo ID. I gave him my permanent resident card and as he looked at it, he said - with an absolutely straight face - that I was lucky I came on a Tuesday and not a Monday because on Monday's they do a complete full-body cavity search! Of course, as soon as he was finished he burst out laughing - more, I think because of the look on my face! He invited me to sit and fill out a form for the technician.

True story!

Ian
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:12 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Hillarious ^^^
Old Mar 17th 2009, 4:02 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My husband saidit was pretty routine for his AOS biometrics. He got his fingerprints and pictures taken. His AP docs arrived a month later and the EAD card about a week after that. Good luck tomorrow!