Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Biometrics - over 60 days and still no appointment

Biometrics - over 60 days and still no appointment

Old Dec 22nd 2010, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

usanewlife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biometrics - over 60 days and still no appointment

Hi, I received my receipt notices (dated October 18th) for my AOS and EAD. These notices stated that I should receive an appointment letter within 30 days to attend a local ASC to have biometrics done.

It has now been over 60 days. I have called immigration a few times and on 2 occasions they raised a service request to my local ASC office. The IO I spoke to said letters are usually sent out within 30 days of the receipt notice and did not know why I had not received my biometrics appointment. He also advised me that both my AOS and EAD are suspended as awaiting the biometrics.

I have received my approved notice of advance parole and I am planning on a visit to UK at the end of January for 8 days. If I don't have my biometrics done before I go, will this cause problems when I return to the US?

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Any advice would be appreciated. I don't want to keep calling USCIS and upset them.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 8:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics - over 60 days and still no appointment

USCIS does not get 'upset'. They also do not take revenge.

Have you moved?
When you say "the IO I spoke to..".. did you get escalated to a 2nd tier officer or were you speaking to the frontline person?

IMO, you should make every effort to get a biometrics appointment scheduled. You might consider making an InfoPass appointment and speaking to someone in person at your District Office.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
USCIS does not get 'upset'. They also do not take revenge.

Have you moved?
When you say "the IO I spoke to..".. did you get escalated to a 2nd tier officer or were you speaking to the frontline person?

IMO, you should make every effort to get a biometrics appointment scheduled. You might consider making an InfoPass appointment and speaking to someone in person at your District Office.
Thanks meauxna. No, I have not moved and did not get escalated to 2nd tier officer. I must say the last IO I spoke to was very pleasant. I wish they were all like that rather than just tellling me to call back in 30 days.

I have been thinking about the info pass. I thought that appointments with them were for more complicated issues.

Thanks again.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 8:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

If you did not have the call escalated, the person you spoke to is not an immigration employee.. they are subcontracted call takers. You can try calling again and ask to speak to an actual immigration officer.

InfoPass is a new thing, just to cut down those lines around the building, or pilinig up of people at busy offices.. you can go in for pretty much anything. I enjoyed my visits to our office; I usually learn something new.

Plus, your issue could become complicated if ignored.. this is just about the right time for you to start making some noise so your case doesn't fall in the cracks.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

If you did not have the call escalated, the person you spoke to is not an immigration employee.. they are subcontracted call takers. You can try calling again and ask to speak to an actual immigration officer.

InfoPass is a new thing, just to cut down those lines around the building, or pilinig up of people at busy offices.. you can go in for pretty much anything. I enjoyed my visits to our office; I usually learn something new.

Plus, your issue could become complicated if ignored.. this is just about the right time for you to start making some noise so your case doesn't fall in the cracks.
I am just now trying to arrange an info pass appointment. However, the only options could be the last one but then another service request has been raised so not sure if it would apply. See the options below...

We offer 4 kinds of appointments for a case that you have already filed. Please choose from the following -
Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks meauxna, InfoPass appointment made for Monday next week at 12:30pm. I chose the last option as my reason. The appointment type came up as "question about case".

I'll post a note to this thread with an update for anyone who is interested.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 9:01 pm

Great job.. way to 'buck' the system!
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Great job.. way to 'buck' the system!
JMeauxna, as you have experience with this and just out of curiosity.... Following my InfoPass appt, will my case be expedited for my biometrics appointment? Thanks
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 10:51 pm

Actually, I've got no experience of this particular item and haven't paid close-enough attention to other posts on the topic. I don't think anything will be expedited per se, but it should go quickly once you've got the biometrics completed.
Much depends on how busy your local office is etc.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

TheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud of

To OP:

Have you had a look at www.trackitt.com? It's useful to see what other people with similar applications at the same Service Center are experiencing.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

sonicdc is an unknown quantity at this point

This happened to us really recently- and to a lot of other people in the Dallas, TX area who filed around the same time as us (July 2010).

We waited over 90 days (along with a handful of other people) and never had any movement on our case. People in our situation, including us, went through service requests and infopass appointments but nothing came of them.

One person finally went directly to the ASC in our area, explained that they still hadn't received a biometrics appointment, and showed the NOAs proving filing date. The guard talked to the supervisor, and the supervisor scheduled an appointment. The rest of us followed suit within the next few days, and all of us received biometrics appointments and our cases are moving again.

Now this is just our experience with our local ASC office in Dallas, but I think it's definitely worth trying- it worked for us and several others in our position. Our case was updated yesterday: DH's green card is in production and should be in our hands within 30 days!
Old Dec 24th 2010, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sonicdc
This happened to us really recently- and to a lot of other people in the Dallas, TX area who filed around the same time as us (July 2010).

We waited over 90 days (along with a handful of other people) and never had any movement on our case. People in our situation, including us, went through service requests and infopass appointments but nothing came of them.

One person finally went directly to the ASC in our area, explained that they still hadn't received a biometrics appointment, and showed the NOAs proving filing date. The guard talked to the supervisor, and the supervisor scheduled an appointment. The rest of us followed suit within the next few days, and all of us received biometrics appointments and our cases are moving again.

Now this is just our experience with our local ASC office in Dallas, but I think it's definitely worth trying- it worked for us and several others in our position. Our case was updated yesterday: DH's green card is in production and should be in our hands within 30 days!
Thanks, I will try a visit at my local ASC office if the InfoPass appt on Monday proves to be a waste of time. I have read that some cases at the MSC have been or are being transferred California. This is worrying as I think cases are being "lost in transit".
Old Dec 24th 2010, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheCynick
To OP:

Have you had a look at www.trackitt.com? It's useful to see what other people with similar applications at the same Service Center are experiencing.
Thanks for this. I have been reading the threads. Seems like the administration is somewhat shaky or are they just overloaded.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

washsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nice

I would not panic....I filed for a concurrent I140 and I485 with a receipt date of Oct 6. The AOS biometrics appointment cam through about 8 days ago for Dec 27.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by washsaint
I would not panic....I filed for a concurrent I140 and I485 with a receipt date of Oct 6. The AOS biometrics appointment cam through about 8 days ago for Dec 27.

I had to reschedule my InfoPass appointment due to the severe weather. My new appointment is now next Monday, January 3rd but maybe, just maybe, I will get a letter in the next few days....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.