Reload this Page >

Biometrics - over 60 days and still no appointment

Biometrics - over 60 days and still no appointment

Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

usanewlife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Biometrics - over 60 days and still no appointment - update

Originally Posted by usanewlife
I had to reschedule my InfoPass appointment due to the severe weather. My new appointment is now next Monday, January 3rd but maybe, just maybe, I will get a letter in the next few days....
Hello all and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.

An update.......

I attended my InfoPass appt today at the brand new USCIS office in Holtsville, Long Island (1 hour wait). The IOs were very friendly. I was advised that some local ASC offices have been closed down and cases are now being dealt with at the new offices. This has obviously caused a back-log of cases for biometrics and, in addition to this, no cases were dealt with for a 2 week period during the transition period (October 2010) - just my luck that this was when my case was first being dealt with.

Anyway.... I was reassured that all my documentation is in order and nothing further will be required of me other than having my biometrics done. Unfortunately, due to the back-log, they could not do this for me there and then. I have to wait until my appt comes up and receive my letter. I can then go to the office and TRY to get them to do it then. I was also told that appts are now given a month date from the receipt of letter to allow for postal delays and for applicants to make the necessary arrangements.

GOOD NEWS.... I was then very surprised to be told that my EAD was approved on December 12. I was absolutely amazed as I had called the USCIS office 2 weeks ago who told me my AOS and EAD were both held pending waiting for biometrics and a service request was raised.

Finally, I have received my advance parole so that I can go to visit my sick mother in UK. I was told not to worry if I miss my biometrics appt while I am away SO LONG AS I return with 86 days of the said appt. Just turn up at the USCIS office with my letter and a VERY good reason why I missed the appt.

Thank you
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 10:27 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, confusing, but so glad to hear it's all working out!
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Wow, confusing, but so glad to hear it's all working out!
Things are moving along.....after waiting 114 days from the receipt notices, I have my biometrics appointment on February 9th! Still no sign of the work permit though and that was approved on December 12th.

Last edited by usanewlife; Jan 28th 2011 at 10:00 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Biometrics - over 60 days and still no appointment - update

Things are moving along.....after waiting 114 days from the receipt notices, I have my biometrics appointment on February 9th! Still no sign of the work permit though and that was approved on December 12th.
Update today... I called the National Service Centre today to check on my status and to ask if I do actually need to have the biometrics done for the work permit. This is because I was reading another thread on this forum about EAD and some people have received work permits without any biometrics being done.

The first person I spoke to was clearly reading from a script and, most probably, could only see the same information I have access to on the USICS website when checking on case status.

I asked if my call could be escalated to a 2nd tier Officer. The 2nd tier officer was extremely helpful and advised me that my EAD was approved on December 12th. However, she also advised me that I must have my biometrics done as this is a requirement for a work permit.. I know each case is unique but I thought I would share my experience with anyone interested.

I would like to thank those concerned who suggested that I should ask to speak to a 2nd tier Officer. I had no idea you could ask for this and it certainly proved to be good advice.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Biometrics - over 60 days and still no appointment

Sorry for any confusion. When I said work permit I meant Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 2:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to me that the reason some people get biometrics done and some don't, is that some people apply online and some people apply through the mail. I can't remember now which way it goes...which ones get the biometrics appt and which ones don't.

Also, if biometrics are required for your EAD, how can the EAD already be approved if you haven't had the biometrics yet, that makes no sense to me.

Rene
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It seems to me that the reason some people get biometrics done and some don't, is that some people apply online and some people apply through the mail. I can't remember now which way it goes...which ones get the biometrics appt and which ones don't.

Also, if biometrics are required for your EAD, how can the EAD already be approved if you haven't had the biometrics yet, that makes no sense to me.

Rene
I didn't understand either. The IO that interviewed me, at my InFo Pass appt on January 3rd, told me my EAD had been approved and that I should expect to receive the actual card within 2 to 3 weeks. However, the 2nd tier officer said the fingerprints were needed before they could produce the card. One of the threads I was reading has a visual of an actual EAD card with a thumb print on it. Maybe it depends on what visa it is connected to and, as you say, if you can apply on-line. In my case, applying on-line was not an option as all my documentation had to go to Chicago Lockbox.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:37 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

if you apply online you need the biometrics. People who have applied by regular mail have said their cards came without a fingerprint in the space. Be aware the lawyers may have you sign a paper form and then scan it and submit it electronically anyway.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:57 am
Banned

samuel5028 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes, the status online does not reflect to the real status of application on their dusty shelf. This situation calls for a service request in my opinion. Based from my quick reading on Visa Journey, some applicants are still getting their biometrics approximately one month after RFE.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samuel5028
Sometimes, the status online does not reflect to the real status of application on their dusty shelf. This situation calls for a service request in my opinion. Based from my quick reading on Visa Journey, some applicants are still getting their biometrics approximately one month after RFE.
Where did you read that she has an RFE?
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by samuel5028
Did you read the first thread?
Old Feb 21st 2011, 6:00 am
Banned

samuel5028 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you read the first thread?
am sorry i made a mistake while typing...Maybe you can submit electronically through attroney....
Old Feb 21st 2011, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Update:

I have now received my Employment Authorization Card and it does have the approved date of December 13th 2010. It is valid for one year under Category C09 with no employment restrictions.

Apparently, the reason why I had to have biometrics done before they could produce the card, is because I am awaiting AOS. My AOS is through a direct family petition and all documents were mailed together.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Update:

I have now received my Employment Authorization Card and it does have the approved date of December 13th 2010. It is valid for one year under Category C09 with no employment restrictions.

Apparently, the reason why I had to have biometrics done before they could produce the card, is because I am awaiting AOS. My AOS is through a direct family petition and all documents were mailed together.
That's great news. Just set your alarm for September as your EAD may take up to 90 days to be renewed