Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Biometrics at New Orleans Office?

Wikiposts

Biometrics at New Orleans Office?

Old Aug 7th 2006, 3:46 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Biometrics at New Orleans Office?

I sent I-90 in April after being wrongly told to go to Jacksonville to file it. When I was at the Jacksonville office I was told I would have to return there for biometrics. I have just received a letter telling me to report to New Orleans.
For those of you in the know is this because the NO office was previously closed due to Katrina? I would hate to have another wasted trip but at least it is closer this time.
I daren't call the misinformation line, just getting over the last time when they demanded to speak to my husband before they would tell me anything!
Old Aug 7th 2006, 4:00 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics at New Orleans Office?

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
I sent I-90 in April after being wrongly told to go to Jacksonville to file it. When I was at the Jacksonville office I was told I would have to return there for biometrics. I have just received a letter telling me to report to New Orleans.
For those of you in the know is this because the NO office was previously closed due to Katrina? I would hate to have another wasted trip but at least it is closer this time.
I daren't call the misinformation line, just getting over the last time when they demanded to speak to my husband before they would tell me anything!
If you are in Florida ..why would you go to NO for prints...
Old Aug 7th 2006, 4:07 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
If you are in Florida ..why would you go to NO for prints...
Cos they told me to? I guess its closer (Pensacola) but thats why I am asking I have given up looking for logic, its not infopass they have sent me an appointment!
Old Aug 7th 2006, 4:12 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Cos they told me to? I guess its closer (Pensacola) but thats why I am asking I have given up looking for logic, its not infopass they have sent me an appointment!
Oh yes that may be closest ..I had you in my head in Sarasota ..
for some reason.. Jacksonville must be just as far ....
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

NOLA_Dave is on a distinguished road

Just make sure you go to the right building. It's not in the downtown location anymore. It's now in Metaire, the western suburb of New Orleans. Follow the instructions here to get there (if they're not on the NOA):

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldo...ns/aboutus.htm

Should actually be easier to get there than downtown, and certainly easier to park. Plus, the mall is right there if you wind up having to kill time while they process something.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave
Just make sure you go to the right building. It's not in the downtown location anymore. It's now in Metaire, the western suburb of New Orleans. Follow the instructions here to get there (if they're not on the NOA):

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldo...ns/aboutus.htm

Should actually be easier to get there than downtown, and certainly easier to park. Plus, the mall is right there if you wind up having to kill time while they process something.
Thank You, just checked the letter and it said Metaire, always thought my first visit to New Orleans would be more fun than this!
Old Aug 8th 2006, 2:29 am
Guest21

Thank You, just checked the letter and it said Metaire, always thought my first visit to New Orleans would be more fun than this!
The new office is really nice was there last month, if I was you park in the waste land opposite the building as its a nightmare to get out of the mutli-story as you get blocked in so I was told.

Old Aug 8th 2006, 3:12 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Your rationalize of the problem seems to be correct. NO is now up and operating as usual. And you are correct, that NO would be a closer drive for you.