Biometrics - fee and ?

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Biometrics - fee and ?

It appears to me that the fees for biometrics are included in the fees we paid when we filed for AOS - is that correct?

Just making sure I don't need to be taking a cashier's check or some such to the biometrics appt.

Also - biometrics is just photos and fingerprints right?

I'm sure this part of the process is nothing, but it just feels mildly creepy
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:12 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Biometrics - fee and ?

Originally Posted by Tracym
It appears to me that the fees for biometrics are included in the fees we paid when we filed for AOS - is that correct?

Just making sure I don't need to be taking a cashier's check or some such to the biometrics appt.

the answer is yes to both but i'm curious, what's creepy about it?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
the answer is yes to both but i'm curious, what's creepy about it?
Thanks very much - I thought so, but just wanted to be sure.

Creepy... hmmm. Well, just the big 'ol scary government that has the power to decide if I get to keep my husband or not is part of it. And also, I think we generally equate being fingerprinted with being arrested - not much call for being fingerprinted otherwise usually.

Not any big deal of course, just.... mildly creepy.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:19 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Creepy... hmmm. Well, just the big 'ol scary government that has the power to decide if I get to keep my husband or not is part of it. And also, I think we generally equate being fingerprinted with being arrested - not much call for being fingerprinted otherwise usually.

oh gottcha, guess we are used to it when we get to this stage of the game as going through the green card procedure is all very similar and for some going through certain airports being fingerprinted is the norm.....
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:26 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

The biometrics is included in the fees. However, the charts are sometimes confusing. Lets put it this way -- in the recent increases in filing fees, I misunderstood a chart and sent in an N-400 without the biometric fee ["senior moment"]. I got the I-797 fee receipt back accepting the thing for filing including a notice of suspension of action until I forked over the $80.00. I did it out of my own pocket [my error]. Client actually sent me a reimbursement check without my asking! I offered to tear it up and he said no -- he knows that immigration puzzles everyone and he trusts me on the big problem in his case which we discussed in detail.

However, on the N-400, it should be noted that not all applications require biometrics.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The biometrics is included in the fees. However, the charts are sometimes confusing. Lets put it this way -- in the recent increases in filing fees, I misunderstood a chart and sent in an N-400 without the biometric fee ["senior moment"]. I got the I-797 fee receipt back accepting the thing for filing including a notice of suspension of action until I forked over the $80.00. I did it out of my own pocket [my error]. Client actually sent me a reimbursement check without my asking! I offered to tear it up and he said no -- he knows that immigration puzzles everyone and he trusts me on the big problem in his case which we discussed in detail.

However, on the N-400, it should be noted that not all applications require biometrics.
Thanks

Sounds like a nice client, I hope his case turns/turned out well.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:58 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Seems many feel this way and since I don't share the feeling, I, too, find it strange that someone else does

To qualify other responses, there are two biometrics done. One will be the ten digit print for security clearance and another appointment will come for the single digit and photo for the EAD.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rete
Seems many feel this way and since I don't share the feeling, I, too, find it strange that someone else does

To qualify other responses, there are two biometrics done. One will be the ten digit print for security clearance and another appointment will come for the single digit and photo for the EAD.
Ah well, to each his own creepiness I suppose

Interesting re. the two biometrics - I just checked Keith's notice, and saw that both the AOS and EAD receipt notices are on it.

Keith wondered if I got to come in, or if he's on his own - anyone know?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:13 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ah well, to each his own creepiness I suppose

Interesting re. the two biometrics - I just checked Keith's notice, and saw that both the AOS and EAD receipt notices are on it.

Of course we know

He can go it alone. You are not required to attend his biometrics appointment. He needs to bring his passport or photo identification and his appointment letter.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Our experience in Phoenix was that if the building is not too crowded (not a busy day for them), they allow you to accompany the alien into the building. But then you wait in the waiting area while he goes back to another location to get the biometrics done. The very first time Sadegh and I went, they allowed me in the back with him because I needed to translate. And then once, they didn't allow me in the building at all, because it was too crowded...I had to go wait in the car.

By the way, you have biometrics done at every step of the way...AOS, removal of conditions, and naturalization.

Rene
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:25 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Teachers in Ohio have to get fingerprinted every five years along with an FBI check.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:29 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
Teachers in Ohio have to get fingerprinted every five years along with an FBI check.

OH has been printed so often while a member of the RCAF and then when he came to the US that he has permanent ink stains in the grooves of his prints. At our AOS interview the DAO made the comment that his print report had several hits and OH replied that it would because of his security clearance by the Canadian and US government to work on security sensitive aircraft systems for both countries while in the RCAF. Then he was fingerprinted when hired by the school district he works for. So for us it is old hat and why we don't think much about it.

I've also had to have FBI/CIA clearance when my b-i-l applied for a job with the CIA years ago.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

AFAIK, I've never been fingerprinted, not even as a child. So I find it rather creepy too Tracy. But the OH doesn't seem to mind, which is a good thing I suppose, given how many times he's had to do for USCIS.

For me, getting fingerprinted seems synonymous with criminals.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Actually, we went to Waukegan - small office, very friendly, and I was right there. Didn't turn out creepy at all.