Biometrics to EAD timeline?

Wikiposts

Biometrics to EAD timeline?

Old May 10th 2005, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

kebuchan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biometrics to EAD timeline?

Hi all,

It's been about 2 months since I applied for my EAD, I have a biometrics appointment for next week. Does anyone know how long it takes after the biometrics? Is it weeks or months?

Thanks,

Kevin
Old May 10th 2005, 4:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics to EAD timeline?

Originally Posted by kebuchan
Hi all,

It's been about 2 months since I applied for my EAD, I have a biometrics appointment for next week. Does anyone know how long it takes after the biometrics? Is it weeks or months?

Thanks,

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

My husband had his biometrics done March 15th and received the EAD card in the mail on April 9th. That's about 3-1/2 weeks.

Your mileage may vary.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; May 10th 2005 at 4:59 am.
Old May 11th 2005, 11:07 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

IIRC, it is the local office that process the EAD, so I imagine the timelines vary from office to office.

Our Indiana EAD timeline:
I-765 NOA1: Mar 10, 2004
Biometrics: Mar 26 Indy
Interum EAD: Jun 10 Indy
Job offer!!: June 11
Real EAD approved: June 16
EAD rec': Jun 21
Applied for SSN: Jul 7
Rec' SS card: Jul 15
Old May 11th 2005, 11:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon&Vik
IIRC, it is the local office that process the EAD, so I imagine the timelines vary from office to office.

Our Indiana EAD timeline:
I-765 NOA1: Mar 10, 2004
Biometrics: Mar 26 Indy
Interum EAD: Jun 10 Indy
Job offer!!: June 11
Real EAD approved: June 16
EAD rec': Jun 21
Applied for SSN: Jul 7
Rec' SS card: Jul 15
Hi Simon & Vik,

It's not the local office that processes the EADs. It's the National Benefits Center (NBC).

Rene
Old May 11th 2005, 4:27 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Biometrics to EAD timeline?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It's not the local office that processes the EADs. It's the National Benefits Center (NBC).
Thanks for clearing that up Rene. Guess that's what I get for relying on my memory.

BTW, I see that your AOS interview date is the day before ours! Good luck!

Last edited by Simon&Vik; May 11th 2005 at 4:30 pm.
Old May 11th 2005, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Simon&Vik
Thanks for clearing that up Rene. Guess that's what I get for relying on my memory.

BTW, I see that your AOS interview date is the day before ours! Good luck!
Ohhhhh thank you Simon & Vic! Good luck with yours, too!

Rene
Old May 13th 2005, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Hey Rene,

thanks for the info. I'm not sure I understand the "rules" though I might need to call USCIS. I applied for and have a receipt from the USCIS dated the end of February. Counting 90 days from then is around the end of May. Once 90 days are up, can't I go into an SSA office and (supposedly) get a number? I thought I saw that somewhere on this forum.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old May 13th 2005, 10:14 am

Hey Rene,

thanks for the info. I'm not sure I understand the "rules" though I might need to call USCIS. I applied for and have a receipt from the USCIS dated the end of February. Counting 90 days from then is around the end of May. Once 90 days are up, can't I go into an SSA office and (supposedly) get a number? I thought I saw that somewhere on this forum.

Thanks,

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

After 90 days you can go to your local office via an Infopass appointment and get an interim EAD. However, be aware that the clock stops during the NOA date and the time you get your biometrics done. So, for example, if you have a 2-week wait till you do your biometrics, add 2 weeks to your 90 day count.

Your 90 count has nothing to do with SSA that I'm aware of. The SSA usually needs an EAD to go by in order to issue the SSN. Either that, or an unexpired K-1 visa.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 1st 2005, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

I did my Biometrics about 10 days ago and I just got an email from USCIS, basically notifying me that "My petition has been approved and we have ordered new card for you which will be mailed out when it is ready"

How long does it take to get ready???

Has anyone received this notice and know how long it takes after this?

Thanks!

Kevin
Old Jun 1st 2005, 4:03 pm

I did my Biometrics about 10 days ago and I just got an email from USCIS, basically notifying me that "My petition has been approved and we have ordered new card for you which will be mailed out when it is ready"

How long does it take to get ready???

Has anyone received this notice and know how long it takes after this?

Thanks!

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

Yes, that's the standard verbage for "your EAD card is coming in the mail". It won't be much longer now...maybe a week or so, from our experience.

Rene
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

CrunchTeal will become famous soon enough

Hi Kevin,

Yes, that's the standard verbage for "your EAD card is coming in the mail". It won't be much longer now...maybe a week or so, from our experience.

Rene
So what does the next message mean

Code:
This case has been approved. On June 1, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
Is that the card ?
Send me the dang card already. I already knew I was approved. Dont wait a week to send me a letter telling me.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:32 am

Hi Crunch,

USCIS doesn't always get their email notifications sent out in order. The same thing happened to us this last time around.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

CrunchTeal will become famous soon enough

Hi Crunch,

USCIS doesn't always get their email notifications sent out in order. The same thing happened to us this last time around.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Thanks Rene.

Bit of a moot point really. Card arrived in the mail today
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by CrunchTeal
Thanks Rene.

Bit of a moot point really. Card arrived in the mail today
Congratulations!

Rene