Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Biometrics appointment - fun times

Wikiposts

Biometrics appointment - fun times

Old May 8th 2009, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of
Default Biometrics appointment - fun times

So yesterday was my biometrics appointment. It was scheduled for 11am, but thanks to some canny advice I received on here hubby and I turned up as early as we could (well early enough so we were earlier than my appointment, but late enough to miss traffic.)

Luckily we stayed at a friend's house the night before, so only had a 20 minutes drive as opposed to an hour and 10 minutes!

We got to the USCIS center at 9.30, but beware anyone who goes to the site in Alexandrie, you need to look for the building number as it does not say USCIS anywhere. Good job I'm observant!

We got in, showed the guard my passport and appointment letter, and she then gave me a form to fill in basic info - name, address, receipt numbers (From the applications) DOB, etc. We were given retro clipboards and pencils to complete this task. We then handed this in to a lady who checked it over and then gave me number '497' and told us to sit in the waiting area.

They were currently on '485', and it took about 10 minutes for me to be called up. Hubby had brought a book to read, but I was too bys people watching to read mine (Thats why I love waiting room situations, airports,etc)

Very nice lady called me up and she made me check my name and address on the screen before spraying some glass cleaner onto some paper towel and rubbing my fingers with it! One by one she took my finger prints, before making me roll each finger over the screen to get the full width of the fingerprint.

She then told me to sit while she took the most gormless looking picture of me I've EVER had taken. What a treat.

And that was it! She stamped my form, handed it back and sent me on my merry way, to celebrate my 3 months wedding anniversary with my wonderful husband (IHOP for breakfast - woot!)
Old May 8th 2009, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics appointment - fun times

nice account of your appointment!

i hate having photos taken (im a photographer - go figure)

as for IHOP, it has become my insanely favorite place to eat (especially at midnight)

congrats on another step completed!