Wikiposts

Biometrics Appointment

Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:12 am
I Still Remember

NAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really nice
Default Biometrics Appointment

(I've been away from BE for a while since moving to America, been very busy with getting married and having family over here etc, but I'm back on now. I've missed it!).

I've had the I-797C acknowledging my Adjustment of Status application, and am now waiting for the letter saying when and where my biometrics appointment will be. Just wondering how far people have had to travel for that? Is it at a local police station maybe, or is it a bit further afield than that?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics Appointment

Originally Posted by NAR14
(I've been away from BE for a while since moving to America, been very busy with getting married and having family over here etc, but I'm back on now. I've missed it!).

I've had the I-797C acknowledging my Adjustment of Status application, and am now waiting for the letter saying when and where my biometrics appointment will be. Just wondering how far people have had to travel for that? Is it at a local police station maybe, or is it a bit further afield than that?
It's usually at a specified ASC (Application Support Center) building. Sometimes it's at the main USCIS building, if there's no ASC location in that city. It's never at a police station.

You can find a list of ASC locations on www.uscis.gov, and find where the one in your city is.

Rene
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the location for Lubbock, TX, if that's where you still are:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...r.statecode=TX

Rene
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:38 am
I Still Remember

NAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really nice

Ah yes, I found the locator now. There is one in my city according to that, which is great.

Thanks.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:40 am
I Still Remember

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Here's the location for Lubbock, TX, if that's where you still are:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...r.statecode=TX

Rene
That is still where I am. That's just the page I found too.

Thanks for your help, Rene.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 2:16 am
I Still Remember

My letter arrived yesterday, and it is at that centre in Lubbock. Just have to wait until 20th September.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by NAR14
My letter arrived yesterday, and it is at that centre in Lubbock. Just have to wait until 20th September.
If you're in a hurry, you can go earlier with your appointment letter. ASCs are not usually very busy, and usually accommodate walk-ins.

Rene
Old Aug 27th 2010, 7:20 am
I Still Remember

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you're in a hurry, you can go earlier with your appointment letter. ASCs are not usually very busy, and usually accommodate walk-ins.

Rene
Not a bad idea actually, I might go down there next week and see what they say. Worth a shot anyway.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 6:02 am
I Still Remember

I had my biometrics today (I couldn't get an earlier one, but nevermind). It took all of 30 seconds. The Green Card is getting closer