Wikiposts

biometrics

Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:19 am
Just Joined

87westy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default biometrics

I had my biometrics appointment in Portland, OR yesterday. My appointment was scheduled for 8:00 so I had to set off from Bend (where I live) at 4:00 a.m. and navigate the mountain pass in the snow and dark beforehand. Once I arrived the gentleman who checks ID was very pleasant! Only around 7 other people were present to have fingerprints done. I made a big mistake by forgetting to bring my marriage license - I just brought the items requested on my appointment letter! However the lady in charge was able to look up my file and asked me only 2 questions to verify my name! (first name of my mother and father). She then told me to always bring my marriage certificate and to not change my name through social security etc until after I receive my conditional green card. She was extremely nice and understanding after I told her I had to drive for 4 hours in the snow and rain!
Once she okayed my form I had my fingerprints and picture taken all within 5 minutes and was back on the road!!
A very pleasant experience for me. Now I am hoping to receive my EAD in the next couple of weeks so that I can start working!
I hope that others had an equally pleasant experience with USCIS!