Wikiposts

Biometrics

Old Oct 27th 2004, 4:41 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Biometrics

Hiya,

I sent in my AOS and EAD (and AP) applications on Sept. 25 and received receipts with action on sept 30th.. 2 letters said "now your next step is to schedulue biometrics"

so I did, and went to Tucson office yesterday... the INS support center was not too busy and I was the guinea pig on their new equipment.. fingerprints and photo were all on the computer now.. I asked if I should have come sooner, would it slow down or speed up the ead? "no, you should be fine.. "

anyway, wondering if this new equipment though will speed it up.. maybe it's a good thing I waited?

one never knows..

sorry if this has already been talked about.. just passing along what seems to be yet another new procedure.. the folks at tucson had just been trained that morning.. hope they got it right
Old Oct 27th 2004, 5:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics

Originally Posted by souls canuck
Hiya,

I sent in my AOS and EAD (and AP) applications on Sept. 25 and received receipts with action on sept 30th.. 2 letters said "now your next step is to schedulue biometrics"

so I did, and went to Tucson office yesterday... the INS support center was not too busy and I was the guinea pig on their new equipment.. fingerprints and photo were all on the computer now.. I asked if I should have come sooner, would it slow down or speed up the ead? "no, you should be fine.. "

anyway, wondering if this new equipment though will speed it up.. maybe it's a good thing I waited?

one never knows..

sorry if this has already been talked about.. just passing along what seems to be yet another new procedure.. the folks at tucson had just been trained that morning.. hope they got it right
Hi souls!

Congrats on getting your Biometrics done! Here in Phoenix, Sadegh received his EAD card in the mail a mere 2 weeks after getting his Biometrics done! What happened with the job offer? Are they holding something for you until you get your EAD?

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 28th 2004, 3:58 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

hey Rene,

well.. I did get the job offer from the radio station gig.. local.. and they don't pay squat.. it was part time.. however, it was an area I was looking to get into.. after the interview I called BCIS and talked to the guy. booking my biometrics as well.. so the 20 minute wait was for 2 reasons.
anyway.. he said that no, I wasn't allowed to work after my card expired.. what I am thinking is, and piecing together past conversations with those tucson BCIS ladies.. that if I had gotten a job while my card was still valid and waiting for the new card that I would be okay... now that my card has expired it's probably not wise to seek work... so....

on to the next interview!! Lady calls me from Phoenix tv and wants to set up a second phone interview.. so I said sure.. then I called her back and said I am sort of waiting for the card and blah blah.. she says, well, they are hiring for 2 positions and maybe they can delay the start date! sooo.... I said okay..phone interview went well and at the end she tells me she is from toronto too! hah... says they will probably set up a third interview..

had my 3rd interview last thursday and it went well! waiting for the call now..
basically, if all goes well.. first we have to move, then we need the work card.. no pressure eh! will try and get a start date well into december since moving for nov. 1st is out.. I hope this all pans out.. I sure would hate to pass on this gig.. good benefits and so so money at least.. better then the 7 bucks an hour they seem to offer in these parts!! that's a hard pill to swallow.. I am sure others can relate.

anyway.. we may just be neighbours yet.. don't be surprised if I pick your brain on places to live in the Phoenix area.. the station is at Palm and Central in and around the downtown core.. nice enough..

sorry for rambling..
Old Oct 28th 2004, 4:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi souls!

Wow, lots of happenings! The neighborhood you mentioned is a historic district and is really upscale. I work within driving distance of that location...we can have lunch sometimes! Let me know if I can help anytime. Say hi to the hubby!

Best Wishes,
Rene
p.s. - Sadegh and I are planning a Sedona/Grand Canyon trip over Thanksgiving holiday. I can't wait!! Might even be snow up there by then!