Wikiposts

Biometric VSC - HELP

Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:22 am
kbf
Forum Regular

kbf has a brilliant futurekbf has a brilliant futurekbf has a brilliant futurekbf has a brilliant futurekbf has a brilliant futurekbf has a brilliant futurekbf has a brilliant futurekbf has a brilliant future
Default Biometric VSC - HELP

I am pretty sure that my biometrics appointment is lost in mail. Is it possible that i goto ASC and they can help me in this case....or atleast find out anything about it, As 1800 people, they dont have any information about it.
Any help will be highly appreciated
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometric VSC - HELP

Originally Posted by kbf
I am pretty sure that my biometrics appointment is lost in mail. Is it possible that i goto ASC and they can help me in this case....or atleast find out anything about it, As 1800 people, they dont have any information about it.
The ASC office won't do anymore for you without the appointment letter. You can make an Infopass appointment at your local district office and inquire in person.

Rene
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:58 am
kbf
Forum Regular

kbf has a brilliant futurekbf has a brilliant futurekbf has a brilliant futurekbf has a brilliant futurekbf has a brilliant futurekbf has a brilliant futurekbf has a brilliant futurekbf has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The ASC office won't do anymore for you without the appointment letter. You can make an Infopass appointment at your local district office and inquire in person.

Rene
for me its same ASC and District Office. You think it will help???
Old Oct 27th 2007, 4:01 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kbf
Hi:

Make an InfoPass appointment if you are concerned. BTW, if one KNOWS the actual date and time, it is possible to do the biometrics without the actual notice [at least in L.A.]. This usually happens in Immigration Court cases where the appointment is made on a walk-in basis at the District, but the notice is mailed out to the alien with no copy to the attorney.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:50 am
kbf
Forum Regular

Well Thanks everybody for your help. I Been calling 1-800 (even i called this morning) but they dont know anything.so i went to distric office (info Pass). They already have my biometric letter ready for November 26, 2007. I requested that lady that if they can capture my biometrics today and she said NO. When i was leaving she asked me that how far i live and i said almost 2 Hours. she said wait a minute..........and guss what i she talked to another office, and they Captured my Biometrics..........isn,t that sweet.....

THanks for help. My advice...
dont call 800 number, goto Info pass
Old Oct 29th 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that was very nice of her!
Old Oct 29th 2007, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by augigi
Wow, that was very nice of her!
Out of idle curiosity -- where are you. Most "ASC's" are NOT congruent with the CIS office where InfoPass is taken.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:32 am
kbf
Forum Regular

it was Charleston, WV.
my Online status(I-751) is showing that "on October 16 we mailed you a letter explaining how we gona process your applicaiton,......................"
is this normal? or i missed something again.................
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kbf
it was Charleston, WV.
my Online status(I-751) is showing that "on October 16 we mailed you a letter explaining how we gona process your applicaiton,......................"
is this normal? or i missed something again.................
Hi kbf,

You've filed the I-751 and now you've done your biometrics. There's nothing more for you to do except sit back now and wait for your 1-year extension letter to arrive. After that, one of 3 things can happen: 1) you'll receive your 10-year card; 2) you'll receive an RFE for further evidence; or 3) you'll receive a notice for an interview.

In the meantime, just relax and wait to hear something from USCIS.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:43 am
kbf
Forum Regular

I already got one year extension. I really appreciate all you guys help as my biometrics are only done because of this website else i would be still waiting for bio notice..

Thanks one more time -
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by kbf
I already got one year extension. I really appreciate all you guys help as my biometrics are only done because of this website else i would be still waiting for bio notice..

Thanks one more time -
Just curious, why do you say your biometrics are *only* done because of this website? Yes, you'd still be waiting for the notice, but as they pointed out, you had an upcoming biometrics appointment for November 26th. You probably just hadn't receive the notice for that in the mail yet.

It's not that you would have not had a biometrics appointment at all, one was scheduled for you, it's just that you got it done earlier now. But since the I-751 isn't really an urgent process (you are still a PR in the meantime, and have the 1-year extension letter already), there really was no hurry to get the biometrics done.

Rene
Old Oct 31st 2007, 1:16 am
kbf
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Just curious, why do you say your biometrics are *only* done because of this website? Yes, you'd still be waiting for the notice, but as they pointed out, you had an upcoming biometrics appointment for November 26th. You probably just hadn't receive the notice for that in the mail yet.

It's not that you would have not had a biometrics appointment at all, one was scheduled for you, it's just that you got it done earlier now. But since the I-751 isn't really an urgent process (you are still a PR in the meantime, and have the 1-year extension letter already), there really was no hurry to get the biometrics done.

Rene
well here is the deal!
i got my NOA for extension on my PO Box address as we dont have physical address for mail purposes.
But when they entered my case into their system, they put the street name and didnt enter my PO Box address. Thats why i missed my Biometrics letter as it went to Physical address (which you cant find).
But i am pretty sure that its changed to PO Box address now, as i just got an email from CRIS that my address and file has been updated.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by kbf
well here is the deal!
i got my NOA for extension on my PO Box address as we dont have physical address for mail purposes.
But when they entered my case into their system, they put the street name and didnt enter my PO Box address. Thats why i missed my Biometrics letter as it went to Physical address (which you cant find).
But i am pretty sure that its changed to PO Box address now, as i just got an email from CRIS that my address and file has been updated.
OK, thanks.