Wikiposts

Biographics data

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

miami078 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biographics data

My fiancée and myself are due to marry in october and then immediately begin the visa application process. The only problem we can envisage is with regards to providing proof of relationship.

He is a US citizen and is currently in the UK as a student.

We do not own property together or joint accounts or rent a flat together ( I am registered as living with my mum at my family home). However I do basically live with him at his flat (I pay towards bills etc) but I have no contract with the landlord which shows both our names on the lease etc to support this.

We did however want to use the fact we practically ‘live together’ as proof towards our relationship to use in the I-130 e.g I have some mail mailed to me at his address and have kept old letters to show this.

For the G-325A and the biographics form it asks us to state previous addresses….do I put down the address we are both (but myself unofficially living at?) which will support information in the I-130 (proof of rel) or because I have no proof or rather contract do I not state this on the G-325A which then means I should not use this as proof of relationship in the I-130 (hope I am making sense!!). This will also affect our interview as well. I had assumed that every document much corroborate each other and therefore one couldn’t state they don’t have their name on a joint lease whilst another document states they ‘ live together.’

Also without joint bank accounts, owning joint property etc do you envisage any problems in proving the relationship ie. Are affidavits sufficient. I guess we are becoming paranoid when filing these documents as once mistake can put months onto the application!!

miami078
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biographics data

Originally Posted by miami078
The only problem we can envisage is with regards to providing proof of relationship.
Despite the times in which we live, many newly married couples are hard pressed to provide proof of financial commingling. It's the nature of the beast.

For the G-325A and the biographics form it asks us to state previous addresses…
You answer honestly... it will not affect the visa application.

I had assumed that every document much corroborate each other and therefore one couldn’t state they don’t have their name on a joint lease whilst another document states they ‘ live together.’
Be honest on all forms. "Living together" is not synonymous with having both names on a lease... and USCIS is not trying to make them synonymous.

Also without joint bank accounts, owning joint property etc do you envisage any problems in proving the relationship...
You will be newlyweds... you will have the evidence you have. In all my years on this forum, I have yet to see a newlywed couple denied a visa because they didn't have sufficient evidence when they filed a week after marrying.

Ian
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

miami078 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ian

thanks for your advice, I think trawling the internet you hear so many horror stories that we are probably working ourselves up into a panic!! thank goodness for this forum!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 5:45 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Look on the detailed I-130 instructions and you'll see an option to submit affidavits from people who know of your marriage.
This is a popular option with the very-newlywed set.