Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Biographic Data Question

Biographic Data Question

Old Apr 28th 2008, 12:12 am
Just Joined

Mellifont is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Biographic Data Question

I am in the process of filling out Part 1 Biographic Data.
I am stuck on question 11 Address in the U.S where you want your Green Card mailed?

At the moment I am living with my family in Ireland. I am a US citizen and my Wife & Son are Irish.
We will not be moving until all visa's are approved.

Do I still have to provide a U.S Address?

Thanks
Old Apr 28th 2008, 12:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biographic Data Question

Originally Posted by Mellifont
At the moment I am living with my family in Ireland. I am a US citizen and my Wife & Son are Irish.
Is your son also a US citizen... or is he a stepson?

Of course... and what will be your US address when you do move? Surely you're not going to live in a hotel for several months before you find a place to live?

Ian
Old Apr 28th 2008, 12:34 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=ian-mstm;6276664]Is your son also a US citizen... or is he a stepson?

He is my biological son. He does not qualify for automatic citizenship as I have not lived in the states for the 5 years prior to him being born in Ireland.

Of course... and what will be your US address when you do move? Surely you're not going to live in a hotel for several months before you find a place to live?

I do not have an Address yet, As I am going to rent for several months before deciding to Buy.

I did not commit to renting a place yet as I do not know what dates the visa'a will be Approved.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 2:03 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Mellifont;6276715]
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Is your son also a US citizen... or is he a stepson?

He is my biological son. He does not qualify for automatic citizenship as I have not lived in the states for the 5 years prior to him being born in Ireland.

I do not have an Address yet, As I am going to rent for several months before deciding to Buy.

I did not commit to renting a place yet as I do not know what dates the visa'a will be Approved.
Any other reliable friends or relatives address you could give ,....
Old Apr 28th 2008, 2:06 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Mellifont;6276715]
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You can put "unknown" there I believe. Make SURE you provide them with a valid address at the POE, though!! You must have a US address for them to mail the Green Cards and SSNs to, at least by the time you enter the USA.

You don't have any friends or family in the USA whose address you can use? Worse comes to worse, if you don't have a mailing address in the USA when you arrive, you will have to stay in a hotel, right? Make the hotel reservations ahead of time, and use that address...but make sure the hotel knows you are staying there, and you probably should stay there until the green cards and SSNs arrive, which could be several weeks. Otherwise you run the risk of having those things show up and they hotel says huh, that person is not a guest here! Return to sender!

So it's much better to have a solid mailing address in the USA up front. Most people use friends or family address to begin with until they get their own place.

Rene
Old Apr 28th 2008, 2:18 am
Just Joined

Thanks For the reply's
Yes, I do have an address in the U.S. that I can thrust (Brother). Although I will not be living at this Address. As I will be moving to a different State.

If I use the Brother's Address in the U.S. Would I be asked if I am going to live there or is it just a contact Address where they post the Green Cards?

Thanks.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 2:21 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks For the reply's
Yes, I do have an address in the U.S. that I can thrust (Brother). Although I will not be living at this Address. As I will be moving to a different State.

If I use the Brother's Address in the U.S. Would I be asked if I am going to live there or is it just a contact Address where they post the Green Cards?

Thanks.
Thats OK ... once you get your GC ..file an AR11 with your new address...
Old Apr 28th 2008, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Biographic Data Question

Originally Posted by Ray
Thats OK ... once you get your GC ..file an AR11 with your new address...

Thanks Guy's for the Info. I will fill out the form as Ray suggest's.
Put Down my Brother's Address then File the AR11 when we get the Green Cards.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:48 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I am in the process of filling out Part 1 Biographic Data.
I am stuck on question 11 Address in the U.S where you want your Green Card mailed?

Do I still have to provide a U.S Address?

Thanks
I'm not sure how much of the posts make sense for you yet, but you are going to NEED a US address before you move. Not necessarily your own, but you haven't said anything about how long you have lived outside the US, or given a hint that you know that you may be required to show a US domicile *before* a visa will be granted (chicken and egg thing).

I think you might find the first link in my siggy very helpful:
DCF - Filing your I-130 abroad - Direct Consular Filing
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
I'm not sure how much of the posts make sense for you yet, but you are going to NEED a US address before you move. Not necessarily your own, but you haven't said anything about how long you have lived outside the US, or given a hint that you know that you may be required to show a US domicile *before* a visa will be granted (chicken and egg thing).

I think you might find the first link in my siggy very helpful:
DCF - Filing your I-130 abroad - Direct Consular Filing
Hi Meauxna
Very Good Link
I have lived outside the U.S most my Adult Life. I took a year sabaticil from my job in Ireland in 2004 and worked in the U.S to find out if I liked the life-style. On the I-864, I put down my Assets, 4 years Tax transcripts and plans to move. Nowing that Domicile is NOT the same as residence.
If this does not prove Domicile I will put down my brother who lives in the U.S.
I got no feedback yet from the NVC that I-864 was turned down. I will have to cross that bridge when it comes.
They Just asked for the Biographic Data.
Thanks.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 8:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Meauxna
Very Good Link
I have lived outside the U.S most my Adult Life. I took a year sabaticil from my job in Ireland in 2004 and worked in the U.S to find out if I liked the life-style. On the I-864, I put down my Assets, 4 years Tax transcripts and plans to move. Nowing that Domicile is NOT the same as residence.
If this does not prove Domicile I will put down my brother who lives in the U.S.
I got no feedback yet from the NVC that I-864 was turned down. I will have to cross that bridge when it comes.
They Just asked for the Biographic Data.
Thanks.
Super!

What you have included is generally sufficient. The form you are completing is DS-230? That is the visa application.
You can enter a general address now, but when your wife arrives to the US with her visa, she should give a reliable US mailing address at that time so they send the Green Card and Social Security card somewhere you can get to them. If a relative will be receiving your mail, they should add your wife's name to their mailbox.. some postal workers are funny about their routes.

A little bit about that article.. you'll need to sort out what applies to you and what does not. It sounds from your posts as if you filed through the US Service Center instead of your local US Consulate.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Super!

What you have included is generally sufficient. The form you are completing is DS-230? That is the visa application.
You can enter a general address now, but when your wife arrives to the US with her visa, she should give a reliable US mailing address at that time so they send the Green Card and Social Security card somewhere you can get to them. If a relative will be receiving your mail, they should add your wife's name to their mailbox.. some postal workers are funny about their routes.

A little bit about that article.. you'll need to sort out what applies to you and what does not. It sounds from your posts as if you filed through the US Service Center instead of your local US Consulate.

Hi
Thanks for the tip about adding my wife's name to the U.S. mail Box. That is something that I would never have thought about.

Yes the initial I-130 was filed in the U.S through a US service center.
We filed it while I was working over there and my wife on her 3 month Holiday visa. Not the most straight forward way of doing things, but it seem's to be working out ok.
We now have a Dublin case numbers from the NVC for my wife and son.

Thanks Again
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thanks for the tip about adding my wife's name to the U.S. mail Box. That is something that I would never have thought about.

Yes the initial I-130 was filed in the U.S through a US service center.
We filed it while I was working over there and my wife on her 3 month Holiday visa. Not the most straight forward way of doing things, but it seem's to be working out ok.
We now have a Dublin case numbers from the NVC for my wife and son.

Thanks Again
I thought everything went through London?

Rene
Old Apr 28th 2008, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I thought everything went through London?

Rene
Only if you live in the UK